What's new

Vanilla Sky Director's Cut? (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Matt Pelham said:
Vanilla Sky had decent word of mouth and enjoyed a nice, leggy run at the box office. It opened with a modest $25 million but went on to make over $100 million for a multiplier of 4. That's very good for a major studio film.
Indeed good for a major studio film but quite underwhelming B.O. for a Tom Cruise film. I loved it though, one of my faves.

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe
Dave Mack said:
Indeed good for a major studio film but quite underwhelming B.O. for a Tom Cruise film.
the frosty Cruise/Paramount relationship--not to mention the atrocious response to Crowe's latest and the aforementioned three year bump (with no Singles special edition in that time)--has probably put a fork in this one.
Too bad--it's easily Cruise's best work as an actor.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Agreed, Cruise was amazing in Magnolia. When the guy is in "actor" mode as opposed to "movie star" mode he can be quite good IMHO...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Dave Mack said:
Agreed, Cruise was amazing in Magnolia. When the guy is in "actor" mode as opposed to "movie star" mode he can be quite good IMHO...
I'm with you there. He can jump up and down on Oprah all he wants but if he keeps doing movies like Vanilla Sky or Magnolia or Eyes Wide Shut, I'll keep watching them.

donnie_d

Stunt Coordinator
i don't understand what ppl mean when they say we want a SE for Vanilla Sky!!

1-the current disc is more than enough.
2-it has one of the coolest dvd artwork ever.
3- it has one of the coolest making-of ever.
4-it has one THE best looking menu ever.

what else you want?!

on the other hand, Elizabethtown begs for director's cut/SE.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
donnie_d said:
i don't understand what ppl mean when they say we want a SE for Vanilla Sky!!
1-the current disc is more than enough.
2-it has one of the coolest dvd artwork ever.
3- it has one of the coolest making-of ever.
4-it has one THE best looking menu ever.
what else you want?!
Um. . .hi-def? ;)

Joel C

Screenwriter
Well, I suppose I can comment since I started this thread FOUR years ago. No, nearly FIVE years ago. Yikes.

I was mostly talking about the deleted scenes that the director chose not to include on the initial DVD, promising a second one was coming.

I don't care anymore, since I didn't like the movie very much anyway, I got the DVD as a gift once it had dropped into the $4 bin at Wal-Mart, I have only watched it once since, and Elizabethtown was so horrible it made me never, ever want to watch a Cameron Crowe movie ever, ever again. Man, I loathed that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks