What's new

Vance Dickason's Home Theater System Kit (1 Viewer)

Rich_Ave

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Arthur,
I built the kit and am very pleased with it. I'm certainly not an audiophile, so I'm probably not qualified to give you a detailed review, but it was a real step up from what I had. The kit comes complete with everything you need to build the it, except for some basic hand tools. I would suggest that you allocate plenty of time to put it together. PE says it takes about 2 hours to assemble. I guess if you're really quick, you may be able to. It took me about 9 or 10 hours to complete. Granted, I'm probably a little anal about building stuff, so you'll probably be a little faster than I was. I took the time to place all of the components in the crossovers in the same spot, I made sure all of the markings on the parts were visible and going the same direction, I labeled all of the internal cables,etc. The results were definitely worth the effort. I would highly recommend that you get the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook, if you don't already have it. All of the design data is in it for the kit. I found it to be very useful. If you decide to get it, I'd be interested in your feedback.

Rich

Jeffrey Getzin

Auditioning
I met Vance at CES a couple of years ago. Very sharp guy, and quite nice too. For a while, I had owned the Atlantic Technology System 370THX system: I was impressed to learn that Vance had designed it.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks