What's new

Van Helsing Trailer (1 Viewer)

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
My wife nearly blew a gasket when I told her Jackman might be James Bond...she's been wishing that for the last 3 years! :D I think he'd make an excellent Bond, somewhere in between the physical presence of Connery and the charm of Roger Moore. He's got the height, the look, and the acting chops for the part.

I'm with others that think the monsters look way too cartoony...I hope some of that is unfinished effects, or, as is often the case with early teasers like this, a lot of shots are slapped together just for the trailer, and aren't even in the final film. I HOPE a few of those bad CG shots fall into that category. Other than that, it looks like a lot of fun!

-Dennis

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I was really into the first half of the trailer because it looked cool and slick, good production value. I'm hoping the bad CGI is something you can excuse by having an enjoyable movie.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
The trailer makes the film look too much like Underworld, which I saw the other day and nearly fell asleep during. I still might give it a chance though. :)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I am loving the TV spots. Dracula, Frankenstein, and a Werewolf, with a hero with a name like Van Helsing!

I am so there it's not even funny! This one looks like one hell of a romp.

--
H

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
Ugh, they've made this Van Helsing a comic book action hero. :frowning: Sorry, not my cup of tea; Peter Cushing will always be my "image" of Van Helsing.

Oh well, at least I'll have The Brothers Grimm to look forward to...

8^B

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
This last trailer I saw for Van Helsing (I think in front of KB vol2) basically tried to show you the whole movie. I freaking hate that crap. I guess they just can't resist.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Not to be a troll but the advanced reviews were horrible.

The reviewers tore this movie apart.

Alot of Robert E Howard fans are saying this movie shoudl have been called Solomon Kane :D

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I am shocked :D

For me, it's a shame, as I do like the premise, some of the visuals, and most of the cast.

Still, reviewers have been wrong en masse before. It really depends on what they are saying. I'll only see this if I hear the right words from the right people. I don't expect that to happen.

What's the saying about mixing 5 pounds of ice cream and 5 pounds of shite????

10 pounds of shite,
Chuck

Sean*O

Second Unit
LOL! What's that other one.. (ignoring the double negative)

-Peanuts on dog poop don't make it no Snickers bar.

I can't wait for this movie! Stephen Sommers is awesome! The man has got some major talents! He not only directs, but he writes most of his movies!

I loved his Mummy movies!

hehe, I know. I'm always so disgustingly in a good mood... notice that all my punctuations were exclamations? =) That's too bad about the early reviews being bad. To tell you the truth though, I don't pay attention to what the critics say. They seem to really like the weirdest and most awful movies and movies that just aren't my thing. I'll still be checking it out anyway! ;)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I've got to agree with Heidi, in that I don't pay too much attention to movie reviews, and I really want to check this out.

However...

Before I caught a glimpse of the url below this quote, I knew which site it was going to lead too, for some reason AICN's review didn't surprise me all that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks