What's new

VAMPIRE tv movie from 1979 (1 Viewer)

trevanian

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin
Vampire, with Richard Lynch and Jason Miller and EG Marshall and Kathryn Harrold, is probably one of my best TV-movie memories of the 70s (and there are a lot of those!)

I recall it as well-scored, with better-than-you'd-expect visuals. I think I only came across it once since the original airing, but I find myself flashing back on it more and more with passage of time (probably building it up, too.)

Does anybody know anything about the rights on this, or if there is any likelihood of an HD release on any format? There is a VHS tape that sells for absurd amounts, but my disappointment with CHIMES AT MIDNIGHT on VHS was pretty major, and having to settle for LOOKING FOR MR GOODBAR on VHS still pains me and keeps me from rewatching most of the time, so I figure a TV movie with lots of night scenes is just not gonna look right to me on VHS at this point.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
VAMPIRE was a Mary Tyler Moore (MTM) production. MTM shows had been coming out on DVD through 20th Century Fox but now some of them, like LOU GRANT, are coming from Shout! Factory.

For your old VHS try a different brand player, if you can find some. Copyguarded tapes are too dark and unwatchable on my Panasonic , but are OK on my RCA player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks