What's new

value (1 Viewer)

bluelights

Auditioning
Real Name
Evan
Hi out there, I got a Sony ES SCD-C222ES Cd player from years ago still sealed in the box. Does anybody know what it's worth? I would like to sell it.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
"A thing is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it." :) That's the short answer. You unit is a 5-disc carousel changer. It plays CDs and SACDs and originally had an MSRP of about $400. I'm not sure how old it it, or what the original street price was, but do know it is old enough to be discontinued. How much is it worth? My rule of thumb for used (or at least old) equipment in good condition is start at 50% off the street price of a comparable new piece of gear. Then I adjust up or down based on age, features, etc. New 5 disc Sony changers can be found for under $120 on line. SACD decks are a bit more, but SACD didn't exactly set the world on fire. Is that worth paying extra for? Depends on the buyer. (See quotation above.) Someone who has to have SACD might pony up $100 for your deck rather than pay full price for a new one. But someone who just needs a 5 disc changer and doesn't care about SACD might offer between $50 and $70. Bascially you need to do some research to determine the price current versions of your item, then work backwards from there. Regards, Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks