value of old games - madden 02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Josh Matthews, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Josh Matthews

Well, it's time to buy Madden '03 for my PS2.

I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to chime in with their experiences selling games to stores for cash or credit. I've never done it before and I imagine they really discount the game, especially a year-old sports title. I'm thinking of getting rid of Madden 02 and NHL 02. What's a fair price and is it even worth it?

2. Brandon_S

Brandon_S Second Unit

Josh,

I tried to trade in my Xbox copy of NFL 2k2 at EB today. They offered me 5 dollars for it. I said forget it and kept the game. I am sure they would offer something similar with Madden. I would check Ebay to see what the going price is there. Good luck.

Brandon Smith

3. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

These days I just keep all my old games unless it's a real stinker...

4. KevinRB

KevinRB Stunt Coordinator

Sports games are the fastest depreciating video game genre. Unlike other styles of video games that may have unique gameplay in older versions, there is rarely a reason anyone would want to play an older version of a sports game.

If you tried a few months ago, you may have been able to get a reasonable price for it. I doubt you'd be able to get much more then $10 anywhere now...

5. Josh Matthews

That's pretty much what I expected to hear. I guess I'll keep the game. Thanks for the heads up.

6. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

I either trade mine in after the season is over (that particular sport's season), or give them to a friend or family member. I rarely keep them if I can get rid of them.

I've never played a previous version of a football game once the newer version was out, with the exception of GameDay ('98 was the best one!).

Even if it were only 5 bucks, I'd take it - because that 5 dollars has more value than an old game. Of COURSE I would try to get as much as I could - but I'll seldom hang on to a game (especially a Sports title) once a newer, better sequel is out.

But that's just me - I am not a collector. I know that's not a popular thing to say in these forums, though.

7. Ricky Hustle

Ricky Hustle Supporting Actor