What's new

Value of a couple year old 60" RPTV? Cabnet? (1 Viewer)

Westly T

Second Unit
I have a Hitachi 60FX32B 60" RPTV in very good condition and I think it still has an extended warranty through CC. I recently switched to a projector system and I'm tiring to decide if I want to sell the big screen or put it in another room. You can see it by clicking the link for my home theater above or below.

I also have an all wood (no particle board) Oak entertainment cabinet for big screen TV's that's adjustable for a wide verity of big screen sizes. You can also see it in the same link (The house above or the link to my home theater in my signature).

What do you think I could get for this TV??

What do you think I could get for the cabinet??

Where should I try to sell it?

How expensive is shipping or should I sell it locally?

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Westly

I do not have the blue book to look up wholesale and retail on your set. I can only go by what I have read on these forums. You are not going to like what you get for the set. Just guessing, 40%-50%. I have no clue on the cabinet. Shipping the set alone can run over $400.

I think a local sale is better. Whether you can sell the cabinet and set together is just an unknown. When you advertise locally you will find out what people are interested in and how much it is worth to them. After the first hand full of calls you will know a lot.

Artie

Brad_V

Second Unit
At the worst, put it on ebay with a minimum bid of what you would like for it, and perhaps mention that offers from locals will be entertained if the auction isn't finished. Shipping a big set is a good $150-250 dollars, but if you put "pick-up only" in the ad, then at least the locals will still see the post, and you'd only be out the few bucks for placing the ebay ad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks