What's new

Value Electronics announces our 2016 TV Shootout event (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Damn Robert I will be on vacation that week but look forward to all the reports! Hopefully I will have my 940 long before that and will be mostly in review lockout for the next 3 years tho! =)

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
It's going to be a LOT more interesting this year with the UHD discs to play on them. If they had played HDR on those TVs last year and the 940C had the HDR update (after which it was brighter) then I think the Sony would have won.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Here's a few updates on our upcoming 2016 TV Shootout.

- Joel Silver of Imaging Science Foundation, ISF will be our moderator and Keynote speaker

- Jeff Murray and Matt Murray of AVPROSTORE are our primary presenters

- Several VIP special guests (well known respected TV reviewers) will also present

- We'll have the World's first full 18Gbps HDMI 2.0a/HDCP2.2 8x8 matrix switch to distribute all of our sources to every TV

- Our 4K HDR BD will be fed from Panasonic's new 4K BD player, model DMP-UB900

- We'll have new high-end meters that can measure down to OLED MLL

- We'll have Konica/Minolta's reference CS-2000 Spectraradiometer and the brand new LS-150 Luminance meter

Of course, most of you know Joel Silver and for those who don't know the Murrays here's a snip of who they are. Jeff and Matt run the top tier ISF tech support team for many thousands of ISF calibrators worldwide - and Jay serves and supports the Infocomm Contrast Standards committee and the CTA Home Theater Standards committee.

Jeff is the CEO of AVPro Global Holdings - a company that manufacturers connectivity and testing products for systems integrators.

Jeff is certified by THX, ISF Level I/II, ISF Commercial, and DSEG. Jeff served in the Military for 20 years as the Electronics maintenance Chief.

Considering the new TVs, and the new 4K HDR TV System and our very distinguished technical presenters our 2016 TV Shootout is the most important event of our well respected 13 consecutive years of producing our high-end TV evaluation event.

Hope to see our HTF friends at the event!

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Just wanted to let all members and visitors know that I can pre-resister anyone for free all access pass and badge to attend CE Week NYC. CE Week is a trade convention, but I have permission to register a/v enthusiasts.

Pre-registration ends Monday, June 20th so email me ASAP if you would like to attend CE Week and participate in our 2016 TTV Shootout evaluation event.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Just wanted to post the results of our 2016 TV Shootout evaluation event. LG wins in all categories, except for high ambient light viewing, which Sony's 75" X90D came in first. Here's the results of all categories the attendees voted on.
VE_2016_TV_Shootout_results.pdf

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
At the conclusion of LG CEDIA press conference in Dallas TX I presented our 2016 "King of TV" award to LG for their G6 Signature Series 4K OLED TV.

Here's a couple cell phone photos. The bottom photo was taken in LG's CEDIA exhibit booth with many of LG's staff. I'll get some of the professional press photos tomorrow and post a couple updated pics.

70376c07f23c2de3a20817972def7784.jpg

0a6a264655131a84bb39013c4b6db27f_bnsi.png

Presented at CEDIA Dallas TX on Thursday, September 15, 2016

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks