What's new

Value Electronics 2019 TV Shootout at CE Week NY/Jacob Javits (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Just signed on to host my 2019 TV Shootout evalueaiton event with CE Week NY at the Jacob Javits on Wednesday, June 12, 2019. This year we brough in Joel Silver, Scott Wilkinson, Kevin Miller and John Reformato to calibrate the displays, moderate the event and be part of our special VIP presenters program.

Our panel of expert judges are made up of Hollywood Post Prodution colorists, finishers, respected TV reviewers and video engineers. We'll also have the public voting and I will publish the voting results of the professional judges and video enthusists public who attend.

We're planning to webcast the event live and have a moderated chat room so off site viewers can partisipate in the event.

The premium TVs all look excepional this year so we're expecting this to be one of the best TV Shootouts since I created the event 15+ years ago.

CE Week's management gave me VIP badges that only require pre-registeed by me personally for any of my personal guests. So all members and visitors of Home Theater Forum can be pre-registered with VIP all access badges and with no fee. Email me if you can attend and I'll put you on CE Week's pre-registered VIP list.

Also at CE Week I was invited to be on the 8K discussion panel that will be June 13th.

7e62b573d8f935d18b7001281d2cd177.jpg

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
This year's TV Shootout will be on Wednesday, June 12th. We're hosting the event with CE Week NYC at the Jacob Javits convention center. When we hold the TV Shootout at our showroom it's always on a Saturday or Saturday and Sunday.

We are considering a second 2019 TV Shootout the end of August that will be for all of the new 8K TVs coming out this year and we'll also include the winner of the June 12th 4K HDR TV Shootout.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
We put together the finest expert panelists for CE Week's 8K panel discussion. Hope to see many of our HTF members and visitors at CE Week NYC's expert panel event.

4a679a8d0ca490cb9daf6244a3ccb9cc.png

BTW, I have a nice group of all access VIP registration/badges available for the first 28 lucky folks who email me for this exclusive offer. This pre-registration opportunity includes a seat at the June 12th TV Shootout and all of the CE Week actives and exhibitions and also includes seats at the Conference Program presentations, all of the exhibits and the June 13th special panel discussions.

Email me at [email protected] and I'll take care of your registration and have your VIP badge printed and waiting for you at the registration desk.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Just signed on with Youtube celebrity SpareChange to take care of the live feed of our 2019 TV Shootout. The channel will be moderated by the channel owner Shane so our Worldwide viewers can see, hear, ask questions and comment live during the entire event.

I love SpareChange's video at our 2018 TV Shootout and look forward to working with Shane again this year for our complete live coverage this year.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Kevin Miller and John Reformato calibrating the TVs for our 2019 TV Shootout TV.

040e5dd3304def071a8513f65c51472a_bbsl.jpg

Monday we move everything into the Javits Convention Center and start the set-up and run through the agenda so we're practiced for the event.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Its been a long and hard few weeks planning and preparing for our 2019 TV Shootout. But we're almost there and very excited to see our efforts come to Fruition.

Special thanks to Joel Silver Kevin Miller, John Reformato, Matt Murray of AVProStore, Brent McCall, Metra Home Theater, and my terrific staff!

Here's a few photos.
cfdc09cb250ef8c9510570c37199b79e.jpg

f37414c50fb619813a7cd1565fdcea03.jpg

a50799cecc169d8db018ae4408bcc838.jpg

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Here's a few videos from the 8K panel discussion with my great industry friends.

Introduction: 8K panel at CE Week 2019

3:50

What makes 8K TVs the finest available: 8K panel at CE Week 2019

2:49

Will you notice the difference ?: 8K panel at CE Week 2019

2:36

What makes 8K TVs the finest available: 8K panel at CE Week 2019

4:33

8K with HDR: 8K panel at CE Week 2019

10:20

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I did alot of research on the Sony A9F OLED 4K TV and this shootout was the thing that made me pull the trigger on the A9F! I had also seen it at Best Buy and I honestly was still on the fence about the tv tilting back. But after getting the tv in my home and seeing the picture even out of the box I honestly did not even notice the slight tilt. And quickly didn't even mind it as the picture on this tv is just awesome! It has been a little over 5 months and I am still beyond impressed with this tv! I thought I was impressed by my previous Samsung 4K TV but the Sony A9F blows it away. Thank you Value Electronics for the TV Shootout as it is very much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread