Valley Girl/Last American Virgin

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Derek P, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Derek P

Derek P Stunt Coordinator

Are these titles worth a blind buy? I love 80s movies but haven't seen these and I'm already buying Flamingo Kid and The Sure thing

Thanks

sorry for the mutiple threads Stupid computer

2. Stephen L

Stephen L Second Unit

I'm not big into The Last American Virgin(it has a lot of fans) but I can definitely recommend Valley Girl. Classic story , great soundtrack with a good cast.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Third post's the charm, eh? :wink:

Derek, I consider these two titles to be head-and-shoulders the best of the 80's releases that MGM is putting out this week. The Sure Thing is a close third place. I will get all three of these for $30 at Best Buy on Tuesday (buy VG & ST for $14.99 each, and get one of 7 $9.99 titles free, of which LAV is one of...see the Weekly Roundup for the full details).

Definately worth it, both of these films you ask about are funny and sexy and have great tunes, but have a nice serious, romantic edge to them that make them work. One has a happy ending, one is a tad downbeat, but you know that the right thing happens for everyone. Valley Girl is essentially a modern Romeo & Juliet, so that would make a great double feature (or triple-feature with West Side Story!).

I say, give 'em a try! Especially since, if there's a Best Buy near you, you can get 'em both for $15 since you're getting The Sure Thing anyway.

4. Derek P

Derek P Stunt Coordinator

I think I will give them a chance. Thanks[​IMG]

5. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

I love these movies too, but you my friend are a super fan , wow 3 threads! lol! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

Last American Virgin is pretty crass and meanspirited. I like the other two a lot better.

7. Peter Mazur

Peter Mazur Second Unit

Last American Virgin is like real life, which means not everything turns out the way we want it to. It is an outstanding film.

8. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

I don't like it not because of the ending, but because of the tone of the entire picture. It certainly isn't like my life, or like that of anyone I know.

9. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

It would be interesting if they included production notes on Last American Virgin- the way movies are marketed today, they'd never release anything with an ending like that. They'd have to re-shoot a generic happy ending and save the real ending for a DVD extra!

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Everytime I hear the song "Melt with you" I think of "Valley Girl".

11. JeffMuller

JeffMuller Stunt Coordinator