What's new

Valley Girl (1983) (Blu-ray) coming from Shout Factory (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
SafariScreenSnapz003.png

In case you missed it, Heidi Holicker and E.G. Daily were on KTLA this morning to announce.... Valley Girl (Collector's Edition) is out on Blu-ray October 16th!

Pre-order now at: http://bit.ly/ValleyGirlBluray.

Order directly from ShoutFactory.com and get a FREE rolled poster of our newly commissioned artwork while supplies last.

FULL list of bonus features below:

- NEW HD Film Transfer
- NEW In Conversation – Director Martha Coolidge With Actors E.G. Daily And Heidi Holicker
- NEW "Greetings From The San Fernando Valley" (A Short History Of The Iconic San Fernando Valley) Hosted By Tommy Gelinas Of The Valley Relics Museum
- NEW Extended Interviews From 2003 With Nicolas Cage, Cameron Dye, Frederic Forrest, E.G. Daily, Colleen Camp, Lee Purcell, Producers Andrew Lane And Wayne Crawford, Peter Case Of The Plimsouls, Josie Cotton, DJ Richard Blade, And More!
- Storyboard To Film Comparisons
- Photo Gallery
- Feature Length Audio Commentary With Director Martha Coolidge
- "Valley Girl: 20 Totally Tubular Years Later"
- In Conversation: Nicolas Cage And Martha Coolidge
- The Music Of Valley Girl

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I like this film, always have. Nice intro to Nicolas Cage, and it remains one of his most endearing performances. What the hell ever happened to Martha Coolidge? Guess she's pretty much doing t.v. now. You get a film from some promising new director, and a few subsequent good films, then the magic is gone.

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
that dvd was hard to get out of the case. Mine cracked getting it out all those years ago. The split is ALMOST in the play part but not quite. Watched it a few weeks ago and all was still good. But... bluray? yeah! great movie! Oh! The interviews on the old disc were really good. Nick had some attitude then.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Oh... I swear... I'm gonna have to get this one.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Great to see this finally announced on blu-ray. I’m not seeing Deborah Foreman on any of the special features listed...?

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Wikipedia has indicated that a 2018 remake of Valley Girl WAS in the works to be released on 29 June 2018 but (thankfully) has been pulled, for now anyway.

C'mon Hollywood, quit ruining our 80s classics. That's like putting a bright colored punk-style mostache on the Mona Lisa.

Well then again the 2011 remake of Footloose (1984) was a screaming success. What, you didn't know Footloose was remade? Me neither.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I have the 2003 Special Edition and it has the following features.

Attachments

• 2018-06-09 16.56.27.jpg
    2018-06-09 16.56.27.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 317

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I have never purchased this movie and may just break down and get this release. I do not see getting this on 4K so blu-ray seems like the best bet for me.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
There was at least one music change on the DVD, hopefully Shout will fix it. The Blu-Ray likely won't have the video commentary track though, where people speak in windows that pop up (done with the use of the multi-angle capability, it simply switches to a view of the movie with the window on it.)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Every time I hear this title I think of the Frank Zappa song staring his daughter, Moon Unit. Or was it Diva...?
The movie was inspired by the 1982 hit song which featured his then 14 y/o daughter Moon Unit. Strangely though I don’t believe that song made it onto the soundtrack probably due to conflict between Zappa and the movie producers (par for the course in Hollywood).

Since I already have the DVD, I’ll have to order up some more 2-Disc Blu cases for this when my Blu arrives.

Derrick King

Screenwriter
There was at least one music change on the DVD, hopefully Shout will fix it. The Blu-Ray likely won't have the video commentary track though, where people speak in windows that pop up (done with the use of the multi-angle capability, it simply switches to a view of the movie with the window on it.)
Shout announced that this will have the original music.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
The movie was inspired by the 1982 hit song which featured his then 14 y/o daughter Moon Unit. Strangely though I don’t believe that song made it onto the soundtrack probably due to conflict between Zappa and the movie producers (par for the course in Hollywood).

Since I already have the DVD, I’ll have to order up some more 2-Disc Blu cases for this when my Blu arrives.
Speaking of Blu Ray cases, of which I am currently looking, Where do you order from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mat1
Recent bookmarks