valentines day

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeAlletto, Feb 7, 2002.

1. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Its a week away...anyone doing anything besides the usual?

2. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

The usual? You mean putting the kids to bed while the wife watches a Once and Again rerun? [​IMG]

3. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

I'll be turning 40. [​IMG]

4. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

5. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Yeah, i'll be doing the same thing I do every Valentines day, looking at happy couples walking down the street making kissy faces at each other, realize how lucky that guy is for having someone like that, and feel that i'm completly worthless because I don't have anybody, going home and masturbate because I can't have sex with my girlfreind because I don't have one, go to bed alone with no one to kiss me goodnight and tell me they love me. The usual.
    On a serious note, I HATE Valentines day, it is a holiday that alienates guys like me with no girl to call their own, it fucking sucks! [​IMG]
    Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go buy flowers and candy...for my mother! [​IMG]

6. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

7. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Pictures!?!?[​IMG] That's sick, that's disgusting, i'm apalled!!
    Besides, I can't get the camera far enough away from me to get a good shot. [​IMG]

8. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

John Williamson summed up my feelings exactly. Why don't they have a holiday for dorks like me that are too inept to get girlfriends? Woe is me. [​IMG]

9. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Basically I'm with John and Steve, I am on the verge of divorce and soon to be single (or so it seems), so I may also be interested in masturbating on Valentines Day. [​IMG]
    So my hand will probably get a box of chocolates or something. [​IMG]
    Or I could go down to one of the local bars and pick up a nasty girl, but probably not, I don't want to get a bad reputation. [​IMG] Besides I'm still holding out for Drew.

10. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Mandy Moore is supposed to be calling me this week..... [​IMG]

11. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Well, gee what will I be doing on Valentine's Day? I dunno...lessee...
    Hmmm...bah...nuthin' special. Getting up...going to work...watching lucky bastards with their girlfriends/wives/etc. Gonna have dinner by myself...eat...and watch a movie. Then I'll probably listen to the blues the rest of the night.
    Oh, and of course the thoughts going through my head all day will be: "Gawd, I hate Valentine's day. When will it END?!" I pretty much just try to ignore the whole thing except for people (and displays in stores) that try to painfully push it into my face. [​IMG]

12. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

So Brian, basically the same as Me, John, Keith, and Steve?
    We need a Lonely Hearts Day! [​IMG]

13. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Sean, don't forget to wash your hands before you eat that chocolate![​IMG]

14. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Girls? What are they?

Jay

15. Mark Schermerhorn

Mark Schermerhorn Second Unit

yikes guys...if you're depressed and/or look depressed your luck certainly isn't going to change...and yes I've been there...

16. JoeN

JoeN Agent

Well... this seams pretty special [​IMG]
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you are looking for a unique place to treat your sweetheart for Valentine's Day and want candlelight, tablecloths, wait service and chocolate hearts on the table, consider White Castle.
    Sound a little odd? Select White Castle locations have started a tradition of becoming romantic burger spots on Feb. 14. They put out all the trimmings for a lovely evening, plus sliders, french fries and much more.
    Here are the White Castle locations that are gearing up for the sweetest day of the year:
    Inver Grove Heights 515 South Roberts Ave., St. Paul
    Lexington 1120 University Ave., St. Paul
    Columbia Heights 5055 Central Ave., Minneapolis
    White Bear 1601 White Bear Ave., St. Paul
    Coon Rapids 3000 Coon Rapids Blvd., Minneapolis
    Bloomington 9600 Lyndale Ave., South Minneapolis
    Call (651) 656-1811, ext. 12, to reserve a spot at your closest White Castle. There are seatings at 5, 6, 7 and 8 p.m. on Feb. 14.
    We've done it, and it really is fun. If you can't get to any of these Castles, pick up a few packs of the frozen burgers and set up the candlelight dinner at home. Don't forget to spread the chocolate hearts on the table.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Wow, I actually went to this thread to see how the "other half" lived and actually found I had some real compadres here.
    Broke up with my ex two months ago...live with two females, started falling for one of them. Told her how I feel, she said she's attracted to me to and would love to go out with me. Says there is real chemistry between us and I agree.
    Why am I bummed? My new attraction just happens to be the best friend of my ex-girlfriend and will not go out with me until I tell her how I feel. Unfortuately I cannot do that yet, because my ex is still pining for me and would never allow it. She's thinking of moving out of state soon. God I hope she does it.
    Anyway, I get to spend Valentines day with the person I want to spend it with, but not in the way I want to spend it.
    Not only am I lonely like you guys, I'm lonely AND incredibly sexually frustrated!!![​IMG]

18. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Well, my new girlfriend is ten years younger than me (I'm 32), is a size 8 (English size 8, that is) and is an ex-competing gymnast. She's also financially independent and loves movies.
    Sorry if that's too cheery for this thread!
    And yes, she is the same 'orange swimsuit' gal I mentioned a while ago. Yes, the same gal was who was engaged to someone else [​IMG]

19. Frederick

Frederick Second Unit

Well, I have a S.O., and we don't plan on doing anything. We really arent into the Valentine's Day/Sweetest Day scene. It's not like we could do much, anyway. She has class Thursday night, so by the time she gets home it'll be too late to go out. Not to mention trying to find a babysitter for her son. Maybe I'll just go by her job and take her to lunch. Maybe pick up a card on the way ...

Freddy C.

20. Mark Schermerhorn

Mark Schermerhorn Second Unit

hahaha...Joe: I'm from the Minneapolis area and I've never heard of that. I know a number of people who would do something like that though. Man white castle...thats after bar food that I'm happy if I can keep down until 7am the next morning. Damn I've had some bad nights with that stuff...

I'm single like most others in this thread, but I am kinda dating someone. Too soon to do anything romantic on valentine's day, though. Although I might try to pull off something kinda innocent with her.