What's new

Valentine (1 Viewer)

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I've been watching this series since it started a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed it. It's really good to see Christine Lakin again on a show I have a good time watching. However, last Sunday night was supposed to be a new episode, Summer Nights. What played on the Atlanta CW station though, was a rerun of the second episode. Did anyone else in other markets see the new ep? Does anyone know why a rerun aired on the station I watched if the new episode aired everywhere else?

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway
It was a rerun here, too. I'm in Oregon and I get the San Diego CW, so it sounds like it was a rerun across the country. Kind of sad, really, since the show hasn't been on all that long. Too bad it's in trouble, it's kind of cute, but I admit so far it's been very predictable and if my DVR didn't automatically pick it up I wouldn't remember to watch it. Couple not together, oracle says they should be or their lives will be horrible forever, fixed by the Gods after much bumbling.

What I don't get is why Hercules is so often involved (I think that's who "Leo" is supposed to be as I think I recall the mother once calling him "Leonardo Hercules"), and Aphrodite is not--she pretty much seems to announce someone has picked up a card and lets others take if from there. Also, I get that they can't use their "God" names for centuries and interact with the mortal people, but I find it confusing to try to remember who's who and who's related to whom, but that could just be me.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Well, I hope they continue to give the show time to find its legs before they cancel it. I remember Reaper was in trouble last year, or earlier this year, but was given a chance and now has a season 1 dvd release this week as well as a second season starting up early next year.

Back to Valentine, what I enjoy is the building drama about shadow group planning to move on the Olympians. It could be a group of Titans that are rebelling against them or maybe another pantheon planning to move in. Anyway, we've got Ray (i.e. Haphaestus) sabotaging the Aegis he gave to Ari (i.e. Ares).

As far as Hercules, Grace (Aphrodite) called him Hercules Leonardo Jovesson. Hercules is the Roman name that most people use for the Greek hero Heracles. And he is the son of Jove, the Roman name for Zeus, King of the Greek Olympians. Remember what Grace said? "That Caesar, he had to have a different name for everything".

You've got a good point though, about Leo being involved far more that Grace is in the direct actions of the Valentine company. The only thing I can think of is that Leo and Danny are demi and lesser powers respectively, and Grace, Ray and Ari are intermediate powers. So the lower you are on the power structure, the more direct contact you can have with mortals. Grace has made exceptions, like getting Kate on board and charming the judge in the drunk actress case. Who knows though, it's all just part of someone's plot line. I just hope it manages to stay in production.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
According to my TiVo listings, last night (Nov. 9) was originally supposed to be a new episode, but was changed at the last minute to a rerun. Anyone else?

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway
Rerun here, too. I finished watching Dexter and the DVR was recording it so I thought it'd be a fun change of pace. It said it was a new episode the whole time, but obviously wasn't. That's 2 weeks in a row for a new show. Not a good start. :frowning:

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Yeah, rerun again here. The episode tomorrow night is supposed to be a rerun of the forth episode about the book store owners. That was the last new episode before we started seeing reruns. Next week if we don't get the new episode, I guess I won't hold out much hope that the show will be remaining for the rest of the season. Here's to Hope.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Well, it looks like MRC (Media Rights Capital) has officially cancelled production on Valentine. They did finish 8 episodes, but I don't know if they'll ever air or if we'll be able to get a dvd set at some point. What a disappointment. Hopefully the cast and crew will be able to find good work again soon if they haven't already. I especially hope to see Christine Lakin again with an interesting role.

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway
According to my DVR next week is still a re-run. The really weird thing is they're now showing it 2x a night on Sundays--and they're both re-runs. We've already had 3 weeks w/o a new episode, two of those weeks it's been on twice on Sunday, and now next week again w/2 reruns. For a show that has aired 4 episodes! Gee, I wonder why the show didn't do well????? Here's an idea, air new episodes!

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
You know, I think that if the show had been taken over by the CW, and aired right after Reaper when that show begins airing its second season early next year, Valentine would have done alot better.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the CW is burning off the remaining Valentine episodes on Sundays at 7pm (at least on the NYC station). They aired a previously unseen episode last week, and another is scheduled for tonight (July 5).

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway
Dang it! I did NOT know this and just now saw this (THANKS!). I've set my DVR for any others but missed the two mentioned above. I would have liked to see them all since there were only 8 of them. Oh, well. Maybe Hulu? (can't check at worked as it's blocked) Or maybe the CW will follow the same course they followed last time and air the remaining 4 episodes and then air them again two at time multiple times?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks