Val Kilmer has been busy.....

Discussion in 'Movies' started by todd stone, Sep 6, 2003.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

Val is one of my favorite actors and it's nice to see him working hard. It appears he is trying to bring his career back as he has kinda been in the shadows past few years:

pulled from IMDB

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0000174/

Collateral (2004) (pre-production)

Missing, The (2003) (post-production) .... General

Delgo (2004) (post-production) (voice) .... Bogardus

Spartan (2004) (post-production) .... Scott

Blind Horizon (2004) (completed) .... Frank

Stateside (2003) (completed) .... SDI Skeer
    ... aka Sinners (2003) (Germany)

Mindhunters (2004) (completed) .... Harris

2. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    I noticed his upcoming slate a while ago as well. And it looks as if he's trying to make up to his fans for being such an asshole all these years: he'll attend the Hollywood Collectors Show and sign autographs, as well as his new book and his previous book.

3. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

Don't forget Wonderland, which comes out this year I think.

Val Kilmer is a great actor, but he has a reputation of being a jerk. Anyone know why this is or have any specific incidents that contribute to this image?

4. James T

James T Screenwriter

I've heard that jerk image as well. But in an interview with the Toronto Star, he writer visited his house knowing this image. He arrived about half an hour early and what he expected from Kilmer was the complete opposite. From what I remember, Kilmer was a family man and the first thing Kilmer did when he saw the reporter pull up to his house was run and find decent pictures of his kids.

Back to that jerk image, I heard it's not really that he's "an asshole" as Shcumacher called him, but he likes the directors to challenge him. Something like Edward Norton, except I haven't heard that many reports about Norton. Val Kilmer is a good actor that just wants direction and if he doesn't know or understand what the director wants, he loses his cool.

5. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

He's not a complete asshole to his fans. I managed an autographed 8x10 of him in Red Planet. Maybe he was just happy someone saw it? :b [​IMG]

6. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I couldn't care less if the guy's got some sort of "asshole" reputation or not. I don't have to work with the guy. [​IMG]

I've always liked Val Kilmer, and I agree that it's cool to see that he's got so many projects on the way. I remember when he Nick Rivers and Madmartigan were favorites of me and my movie freak pals. Glad Val's still around these days.

The sky's the limit where Kilmer's concerned. Given the right roles and filmmakers, he could be an Oscar-winner someday.

7. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I'd like to see him pick up a few comedic roles... he has great timing. Top Secret and Real Genius are a couple of my "guilty pleasure" flicks. [​IMG]

8. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

I remember Val stating playing Madmartigan was one of his favorite roles.

9. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

I must confess that I didn't really like Val Kilmer (I hated "Top Gun") until I saw him in "Tombstone" and "Heat." These two movies showed me that he can be a very versatile actor.

10. James T

James T Screenwriter

I almost forgot about Tombstone. He should have gotten an Oscar for that role or at the very least a nomination.

Just got this of imdb,
    Known for his meticulous detail and precision when preparing characters. This if often to the chagrin of the actors and filmmakers he's working with.

11. MikeRS

MikeRS Screenwriter

12. mike_frontier

mike_frontier Supporting Actor

Ha if you think Val is an Shock... don't forget about Sharon Stone.... she's coming back also. [​IMG]

13. Ric Bagoly

Ric Bagoly Producer

Absolutely should have got at least an Oscar nomination for The Doors and Tombstone...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Paul Bartlet

Paul Bartlet Stunt Coordinator

I clicked on thread, and I was wishing to myself to see a title to the likes of "The Life and Times of Doc Holiday" or something along those lines [​IMG]
    One can wish, but oh well.

15. Joe_Pinney

Joe_Pinney Stunt Coordinator

Joe Pinney
    Let's face it, if they made money off making you look like THIS --

[​IMG]

-- chances are you'd gain a reputation of being an asshole to everyone too.

16. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

Saw both Wonderland and Spartan recently and thought he was absolutely superb in both. Brilliant actor. His charisma now is through the roof. I think the career-break did him good. [​IMG]