What's new

Vacuum cleaner suggestions? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
UPDATE: So the day finally came, and we finally decided on a vacuum cleaner:

Got it at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...arden&n=507846
Refurbished for $279.99 - $25 coupon. But had to pay duties and taxes bringing it up from the US to Canada.

We were taking a gamble going refurbed after reading about people missing attatchments, or having non-sealing seals. But fortunately, it came in perfect working condition.

And lemme tell ya, this Dyson SUCKS A LOT! ;)

------------------------------------------

My dad's lookin for a new vacuum cleaner to replace a 14 year old PANASONIC one we have...

He's lookin at the MIELE line, as he was told they are the best value for the money by the vacuum cleaner store...

Anybody have any suggestions? Good brands, models?

Jon.M

Stunt Coordinator
Eureka Smart Vac Model 4870. A top-rated model by Consumer Reports. It has incredible pick-up and comes in about three hundred bucks less than a Dyson.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Yeah, Dyson makes great stuff. I could swear their vacuum cleaners run themselves! Dr. Miles Dyson is a genius. He originally worked at someplace called Cyberdyne but they had some problems a few years back. If you want to know more about him I have detailed files.

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
This is too weird. I literally just bought a Dyson yesterday at BB, and was going to put a post on here to see if anyone else had one. I've actually already vacuumed the entire house with it myself (usually wife takes care of). The thing is a STUD! I really didn't mind paying the $400+ for the DC07 Animal after getting it home and discovering that my dogs got into the kitchen trash can. There was coffee grinds and other stuff all over the kitchn floor and family room carpet. Busted it out of the box and it just kicked some butt. It is a very intelligent design, the way it auto levels itself, the attachment hose, the trigger pull to dispose the bagleess canister, I could go on and on. Previously, we had a Hoover V2 Windtunnel bagless. The thing was just over a year old, and the littl foot latch to lock it upright broke along with one of the beater bars. Now that was a waste of $260. Also, I think BB just put them on sale this week. Dyson is the goods.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I am looking into upgrading a Dyson based on the comments here (and in another thread), but for those who wish to spend less, I fully recommend the Sharp line of vacuum cleaners. The TWT4 is only about $129 and it kicks butt.

Robert Marc

Stunt Coordinator
jon i looked at the dyson a few nights ago and didn't buy it on the spot because the sales guy at bb said it was going on sale soon. looks like i may have to go back today. have you tried the pet hair attachment yet? another great thing about the dyson is there are no bags/belts to replace.

DaveDickey

Stunt Coordinator
Nick, Does your Dad want a canister model or an upright model? Dyson is an upright. If he needs a canister type cleaner, Miele is a very good name, but I don't have any experience with it. Dave

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Just an update on this, Dyson now makes a canister model as well.

Congrats on the Dyson, Nick. My 8-month old purple Dyson Animal continues to suck mightily!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks