What's new

V.E. and Auto Color (1 Viewer)

Chris Sigua

Stunt Coordinator
When adjusting your set with VE, it says to turn Auto Color off but it doesn't say what to do after your done adjusting your colors. Do you leave Auto Color off or turn it back on?
TIA
Chris

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Leave any auto color, flesh tone, dynamic picture, blah blah blah controls OFF before and after calibration. They are artificial enhancements that will only degrade your picture. If you can also turn off (or disable) Scan Velocity Modulation (or SVM).
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no mesiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

JasonRH

Second Unit
Jay,
How do you know which menu items represent these adjustments? For example, I have an XBR-450 and I'd like to disable these enhancements but I don't know which items to adjust. Are there any websites with specific adjustments listed to help improve picture quality? Thanks.

Try the Keohi site at Keohi tv
There's lots of information there. I think primarily the type of controls you see are auto color or flesh tone controls. Those should be readily accessible in the user menus. SVM must be manually disabled for most sets (not sure about the XBR)
Try Keohi and search this forum using your tv brand as a search key. You'll find a lot of information here.
------------------

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
They'll be pretty obvious, and tend to appear in the same menu where the picture controls are located. Failing that check the link above or your owner's manual.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no mesiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks