What's new

Uuggghhh!!! CSI to come out on dvd..For R2 only!... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I found this over a Elyse's CSI site. Here is the web site:
http://members.aol.com/JRD203/csi-news.htm
Mar 27 2002 - CSI on DVD? Looks that way, at least for fans in the United Kingdom. Momentum Pictures Home Entertainment plans to release VHS and DVDs as follows:
"The DVD includes: exclusively designed menu screens with 3d animated virtual labs for you to browse, interviews with all main cast members, executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer, Anthony E Zuiker (Executive Producer and Creator) and Elizabeth Devine (Technical Advisor - Forensic scientist) and make-up artists.
On DVD the first 3 disc set, covering episodes 1-12, will be released on 1st July 2002. DVD box set: £39.99.
On VHS the series will be divided up into 2 x 3 VHS sets, episodes 1-12 released on July 1st 2002. VHS box set: £29.99 "
This really angers me. :angry: Don't give me any nonsense about syndication issues. Both the Simpsons and Star Trek are on tv all the time in syndication. Yet, sales of the dvd's are strong. Their will always be people who will buy or not buy tv shows. Whether you can watch them on free tv anytime. I think studios need to rethink this policy anyways. With the advent and price reductions of dvd burners. People will be able to make their own dvd's of their favorite shows. And that WILL affect sales. But, at least our friends in R2 will be getting a good show on dvd, with nice extras.

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
No kidding.

At a decent price I would probably pick these up too, but the one I would die for right now is Alias. I wish the studios would look more for the DVD set profits instead of the syndication ones.

Jodee

Screenwriter
You know, I think syndication hurts DVD sales more than DVD sales would hurt syndication ratings.

For example, I probably would have bought Ally McBeal season sets if they had come out in the last few years.

But after watching the repeats on FX, I realize this show doesn't stand up to repeat viewings and it's on FX so much I'm sick of it.

And I used to LOVE the first few seasons.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
With the advent and price reductions of dvd burners. People will be able to make their own dvd's of their favorite shows. And that WILL affect sales. But, at least our friends in R2 will be getting a good show on dvd, with nice extras
It is a lot easier to get a region free DVD player than to go through the time consuming (and lower quality) nonsense of making DVDs of TV broadcasts. Indeed I just saw yesterday, in a normally quite expensive B&M store an all region, progressive scan(!) DVD player for under $200.

The time for complaining about R2 releases that we don't have is over -- anyone who truly cares about some of them can watch them without undue expense.

Ted

todd s

Senior HTF Member

"It is a lot easier to get a region free DVD player than to go through the time consuming (and lower quality) nonsense of making DVDs of TV broadcasts. Indeed I just saw yesterday, in a normally quite expensive B&M store an all region, progressive scan(!) DVD player for under $200.

The time for complaining about R2 releases that we don't have is over -- anyone who truly cares about some of them can watch them without undue expense."

This proves my point even more about releasing more tv product here now.

Cynthia

Stunt Coordinator
Boy, my region-free player pleases me more and more everyday. :D
Here's a pic from http:http://www.dvdfever.co.uk

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully a Japan set comes also; I'd rather have NTSC than PAL.

I'd just buy the first season; I missed several episodes. They should be able to make widescreen anamorphic versions from the HD masters.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
How sad. I just went to the blackstar dvd site. You R2 people sure get some good tv selections.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks