What's new

Usual Suspects:SE - Speaking in tongues? (1 Viewer)

Eric_R_C

Second Unit
I just finished the 1st commentary (director/writer) About 15 seconds into the credits, there are 3-4 people talking at the same time. It sounds like the 2nd commentary (editor/composer) is playing in the background. None of the other tracks exhibit this problem (not even the 2nd soundtrack.) I have a Toshiba SD-1200. Anyone else notice this?

HenrikTull

Second Unit
It's the same two people. What happened is that they used overdubs in the spirit of the ending of the movie. It's supposed to be this way.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
This commentary was first recorded for the LD release in 1996 and has since been used on both the initial DVD and the recent special edition. The multi-track ending was the same on all three releases.

M.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
The funny part is, all sets of voices appear to be Bryan Singer and Christopher McQuarrie-- and they're talking about essentially the same thing in both versions. So this seems to point to the fact that they recorded at least 2 versions of the commentary and edited it together to get the version we have on the disc.

Interesting.

I had heard somewhere that at the end, one version of the commentary had said some things they wanted to leave out- and the other version was just them arguing- so they didn't have enough usable material- so they just mixed them together into a jumble rather than presenting just silence and claimed it was "in the spirit of the ending of the film"

-V

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stefan_CZ
Recent bookmarks