Usual Suspects - SE DVD questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeffrey_Scotts, May 13, 2002.

1. Jeffrey_Scotts

Jeffrey_Scotts Stunt Coordinator

Some quick questions about this DVD, just wondering what everyone thought of it as a whole and about the extras?

Also, I have yet to see it again and have forgotten who the bad guy named "Keyser" turned out to be. I was thinking it was:

Kevin Spacey's character

and it was him at the end. Can someone tell me who it was, I'll probably buy it but just wanted to find out for sure what the ending was and whom.

Thanks.

Jeffrey

2. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

The information in your spoiler box is correct.

3. David WS

David WS Stunt Coordinator

Yep, It's the guy you state in the spoiler.

I recently picked up this SE because my beloved LD started to "rot". I love this movie and the new DVD has a quite good transfer. The extras are some of the more interesting ones I've seen. I usually just buy a DVD for the movie and not the extras but the bonus information on this disk just adds to the pleasure of owning and watching this awesome movie. The extras have lots information about who is Keyser Soze and his origins. I think everyone with a DVD player should own this version of the movie. But hey, this is probably my personal #1 movie of all time.

4. MaxY

MaxY Guest

I rarely find myself going through all the extras on a DVd but with this movie I found myself drawn in to them. The deleted/extended scenes were neat.

I think that they did a great job on this DVD.

Max

5. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

BTW, make sure to catch the Easter Egg on the special features side.

You highlight and click the title "Usual Suspects" on the main menu of the special features side. That takes you to a screen showing 4 images, plus a clickable hint image ("police"). Select the 4 images in the order that Spacey mentioned them and you will be taken to a menu of 2 more extra items - an Ottman interview and the Gag Reel.

It's a pretty nice package. I found all the featurettes all interesting.

6. Matt_M

Matt_M Stunt Coordinator

The DVD is definately good overall. I especially liked the featurettes. Actulally some good info in most of them as opposed to promotional fluff. Commentaries were O.K but not great.

BTW Does anyone remember the movie Singer mentions in one of the featurettes. It had a weird name, and apparently used different views to illustrate the story...

7. RobertCharlotte

8. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

All of the featurettes on this DVD are very interesting and informative. No self-promoting "Spotlight on Location" crap here. The overall quality is very good, but the edge enhancement is VERY distracting at times, especially the interrogation scene near the beginning in New York.

9. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

MaxY,

10. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

The Usual Suspects : Special Edition has some of my favourite supplements. The actors and directors are so frank about the troubles they encountered while filming that the featurettes stand head and shoulders above the fluff that some studios call "behind the scenes" info.

The deleted scenes are moderated nicely by the editor, and the actors are more then forthcoming with their views on the movie and the effect it had upon release. These features are definitely something you can miss.

11. Matt_M

Matt_M Stunt Coordinator

Yeah that's it. Thanks Robert [​IMG]

12. RobertCharlotte

Happy to help, Matt.