What's new

USP's Smaller Priority Mail Boxes No Longer Fit DVDs? (1 Viewer)

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Yesterday I went to my local USP to send off a couple DVDs via Priority Mail. I was shocked to discover that apparently the USP has shrunken their smaller Priority Mail Boxes as they no longer fit a DVD.

I haven't mailed a DVD in a long time, but I often receive DVDs from retailers via Priority Mail and the boxes fit perfectly for sending a DVD. I never save them, but I'd say they are roughly 6"x9"x2". The same style PM box at my USP was about 5.2"x8.5"x1.5". I asked the employee and the manager if there was a slightly larger box and they both assured me that the next size up was over 4x larger!

I even tried to fit the DVDs in by removing the bubble wrap that I had used to protect them. No dice.

I ended up sending them both via a Priority Mail Folder. Do retailers get different size Priority Mail Boxes than what we can get at the USP?

For those of you who ship DVDs via Priority Mail please let me know what size boxes do you use.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
About 3 months ago, my local PO had those dvd size boxes you used to use and I picked a bunch of them up but that is the only time I have seen then in like 3 years.

I just checked USPS online shipping supply site and they don't even have them on there!

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Ya, now you can only fit one DVD in the box, corner to corner. I did notice they have a box for sell that fits 2 dvds, for like $1.40 or something now. Hmm...

jay_corkish

Stunt Coordinator
Those Video priority boxes come in two sizes. The one you want is the large size. You can order them for free from the USPS web site.

jay_corkish

Stunt Coordinator
Those Priority boxes come in two sizes. The one you want is the large size. You can order them for free from the USPS web site.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
That's interesting. As you mentioned, the USPS website does list the PM box that I was trying to find at my local USPS. I guess they were out and just didn't want to admit it as they were quite insistent in saying they no longer use the large version as shown on the website:

Larger PM Box I was trying to use.

The PM Box that was available at my local office.

Oh well, too late now as I already mailed them out, but I'll chalk this up as an example why I probably won’t use my local USPS any time soon.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
beautiful.
i thought those boxes were gone for good.

i turn then insideout and use them for first class prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks