What's new

using sound card as Coax-Toslink converter (1 Viewer)

Hugh M

Second Unit
Here is a thought...I have a Hercules Game Theater XP card which has digital coax, toslink, on both input and output. I'm fairly positive that it does passthrough without a problem, for instance from a satelite receiver into the hercules into HT receiver...now I am wondering if it does this from a toslink connection to a coax connection..could be useful to make that conversion.

I'll have to try it out and see.

by the way, is this a waste? in othewords, how expensive are toslink to coax converters?

Hugh M

Second Unit
maybe a different Hugh...I think there may be one already registered here, that is why I used the "M"
I would love to have a Plasma though, and will get one when I have the money AND I see one with a good display for under $4K.
the sound card/computer being on is no problem, I plan to leave this guy on all the time anyways, I'm running WinXP which does alot better than ME as far as stability without rebooting goes.
thanks for the info, $70 is not too expensive, but the fact that I have 2 ins/ and 2 outs on this GTXP makes it pretty useful for switching and now conversion as well. opens up more patching possibilities, which is now more than my brain can handle.
if you find the other Hugh tell him I said HI!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks