using S- vhs out on video card, whats the quality?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard cash, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Richard cash

Richard cash Stunt Coordinator

i have asked this question a while ago but it never really got answered so i hope someone can help me this time

whats the picture quality like when using a svideo cable from my pc to my tv. Is it the same quality as connecting a stand-alone dvd player with s-vhs.

also if shvs is not very clear, could i get an rgb signal using a scart lead from my monitor out on the card to the scart socket on the tv?

i have a 28 inch widescreen analog crt tv at a distance of about 3 meters. My graphics card is a geforce 3 mx440. all i need it for is movies, i dont care about games.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Since we don't have SCART here, can't answer that question, but the quality of the SVideo out all depends on the video card. Some look pretty good, some don't. What kind do you have?

3. Richard cash

Richard cash Stunt Coordinator

you must have missed it in the first post, i have a geforce3. are they any good?

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

not great, not horrible is the general consensus I can find

Honestly, if you can't hook in through compoenent, then a standalone player is going to beat it virtually every time