What's new

Using receiver for Component Video Switching (1 Viewer)

Rob_b

Agent
Receiver – Marantz SR – 7200

DVD player - Rotel

TV - Sony HS-10

Connections - I have a 6ft cable connection my DVD player to the Receiver. Then a 12ft cable to the TV.

Symptoms - During a Movie the TV will go black then recognize the signal again. This will happen 3 to 4 time during a movie. Does not happen when connected directly to DVD player. Picture quality is great both ways.

Possible issues: Signal is to week traveling over 18ft of component cable? Something is wrong with the receiver?

Any suggestions?

Eujin

Supporting Actor
What kind of cable are you using? When connected directly to the TV, how long is the cable? Also, check with your Marantz dealer as the x200 line did have some quality control issues, although I don't know if component video switching was one of them.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The x200 video switching issue is well documented for S-video. I have not heard of any 7200s doing this with component.

Since you didn't say, if there is only one component connection, then why run it through the receiver at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks