using PIP on my TV with an HDTV box

Discussion in 'Displays' started by RichardFlores, Nov 10, 2003.

1. RichardFlores

ok yesterday the cable guy came and hooked up my RCA scenium Big screen and told me he was going to hook it up to composite 1, which I said was fine. well when I was watching the texans get beat I wanted to watch another game and couldnt. got the owners manuel out and it says PIP/POP does not work when its hooked up to composite. so what do I do??? I still want to be able to see all my digital/HDTV channels however I want to use the PIP function as well since I really need it when there are 2 games on.

help!

2. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

First of all, I hope he hooked it up to component, not composite. HD is only available via the component or DVI inputs. Second, because the HD is a different resolution than the standard input, you cannot operate the PIP while viewing HD. If you want PIP functionality, you must hook up the standard coax and switch to that input when you want to view the PIP. It will not be in HD, obviously, but you will be able to use the PIP.

3. RichardFlores

yeah sorry.. I misspelled it. so if I want to use the PIP function I have to switch it back and forth.

4. RichardFlores

help!!!!!!

5. Wes_B

Wes_B Extra

Split the coax cable before it gets to the cable box and hook that up to your tv.

6. RichardFlores

ok I did what wes b. suggested and it worked.. the only thing is that I can only watch PIP watching regular cable channels. Oh well. It still works and Im happy with it for now. Most of the games are on normal channels anyway. thanks for the help!!!!!!