What's new

Using Pioneer 1014tx for computer speakers (1 Viewer)

MikeArcher

Grip
So I just purchased some cheaper monitors to use as computer speakers. I have a mini-headphone jack -> rca running from my sound card out to my video1 input on the reciever. I have speaker wire running from the 6 and 7 channels to the new speakers. I can get everything to work just fine but it requires me switching my reciever to second zone and switching the speaker configuration every time I want to change from dvd mode to computer mode. Is there anyway to have the settings saved on a per input mode basis? So when I want to watch a dvd all I have to do is switch to the correct input and it will play on my two main speakers and not my computer speakers? Likewise for my computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Mike

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Your post is fairly unclear, Mike. Why is the computer connected to the receiver in the first place? Is the connection digital or analog? What is “Computer mode” and “DVD mode?” Are you using a stand-alone DVD player, or the one in the computer?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

MikeArcher

Grip

Sorry about that, I'll try to clear things up a little.

I purchased a pair of small monitor speakers, standalone, no internal amplifier, to use with my computer. I needed some power to be going to them so I have them hooked up to my reciever. My reciever is recieving an analog signal from my computer via a mini-din headphone jack to rca connection.

The RCAs from my computer are plugged in to the video1 input on my reciever. My DVD player is plugged into the TV/Sat input on my reciever. Basically the only times I will ever use my reciever is for my computer stuff and watching dvds.

The Pioneer 1014tx has a Second Zone option if you hook up speakers to the 6th and 7th channels. That is where my computer speakers are hooked up to. When I am watching a movie I don't want to have my computer speakers on. Likewise, when I'm listening to music on my computer I don't want my main tv speakers on.

When I go between the TV/Sat and Video1 inputs on my reciever I have to change the settings so that the Surround Back option only plays on either the main or computer speakers and switch the second zone feature on or off. I was just wondering if there is anyway to have the settings saved between the different inputs (video1 and TV/Sat) so that when I try to watch a movie the second zone is turned off and the SB setting is for main speakers only?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Okay, I got the picture now. Thanks for the extra info, Mike.

It’s not uncommon for receivers to let you program surround settings with specific inputs, but I'm not so sure that the rear speakers can be done the same way. If it’s not mentioned in the manual, I imagine you’re out of luck.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks