What's new

Using Outlook Profiles, Calander and Contacts help? (1 Viewer)

Luke_Y

Second Unit
At home we (my wife and I) use Windows XP and Outlook 2k (both used to it from work). We use the same windows LogOn so we use Outlook Profiles to see only our own mailboxes. It asks us wich profile to use each time we open it.

How do we set up Outlook to use the same Calender and Contacts? Right now we each see our own Calender and Contacts list. At work we have a group that all see and modify the same Calender in outlook so we know each others schedules. We would like to share the same Contacts list/address book in Outlook at home as well.

We would like the third profile (public anti spam e-mail) to have his own Calender and Contacts if possible but will deal with it if they all have to share.

I would like my son to have his own as well; but I think that will be the case anyway as he uses a different Windows LogOn.

So after rambling, the question is:
How do I set up Outlook to have 2 Profiles use the same Calender and Contacts list? Any help?

Roy C.

Second Unit
Luke,

I believe that's only possible in an office/work environment that uses MS Exchange or something similar in the background. This will allow users to share contacts, etc. since the .PST (Outlook mail file) resides there rather than on a local hard drive...

Not 100% but pretty close.

Roy C.

Luke_Y

Second Unit
I think I see what you are saying but I would think if we are on the same computer it would be a matter of making Outlook point at the same file/personal folder for both profiles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks