1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Using Ford's 'A' plan

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon_Are, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

I've used it before, but I've often wondered if the salesman was being straight with me.

How do I know - or where can I find out - what the correct A-Plan price of a vehicle is? Is it a straight percentage over invoice? Should the price be the exact same at different dealerships?

I'd really like to have this information before I walk into the showroom.

(and I know they'll try to tack on dozens of inflated add-ons, such as undercoating, floor mats, mud flaps, extended warranties, etc.)

Thanks,

Jon

2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Yes, the price should be the same at every Ford dealership under any of the company's employee/retiree discount plans. We have purchased our last two Mercury Villagers this way. The only price that would remain negotiable is a trade-in for your used vehicle, if you are trading one in (although I would recommend trying to sell a used car privately).

The salesman should be able to show you a printout with the A plan price for the car you are interested in, along with A plan pricing for any options you want (such as upgraded sound system, sunroof, etc.).