What's new

Using Dishnet to watch Directv (1 Viewer)

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
Tried to find a direct answer (Yes or NO) in many places but couldnt find a clear cut answer.

Here I am with my (crazy?) idea. I have a dishnetwork dish for international programming. Can I (after pointing in the right direction) watch direct tv programming using this dish? Borrowing a direct tv reciever is a posibility for me but dont know if it would work. What are the options I have without having to purchase a direct tv dish or receiver and using the existing dishnet to watch selected sports program from directtv.

thanks
Kumar.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There's no clear cut answer because Dish uses a variety of equipment. If you have a Dish300 (standard 18" dish) with regular LNB (not a DishPro model), then yes you can re-aim it to DirecTV's 101 satellite location and connect it to a DirecTV receiver.

-Robert

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Dish500. I am seeing lot of Direc TV LNBs on eBay site that are in expensive....

May be I should try it that way then?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Your Dish500 should be pointed at the 110 and 119 locations. I thought you needed a second dish pointed at 61.5 or 148 to get international programming. You can use your Dish500 if it has 2 dual LNB's. The Twin, Quad or DishPro LNB's aren't compatible.

-Robert

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The $39 LNB will work. The $29 Sat-C LNB is a special LNB used on older multi-sat dish setups for the DirecTV satellite at 110. It will not work.

I'd check eBay. Search for dual LNB and you will find them for under $15 shipped.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks