Using Denon Receiver with Parasound Amp

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Roger Kint, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Roger Kint

Roger Kint Stunt Coordinator

I have the Denon 2802 and am thinking about getting the Parasound 855 or 1205. My question is - how do I set it up so that turning on the Denon will turn on the Parasound? The Parasound has a 12 volt trigger, but I don't see a 12 volt connection on the Denon, does this mean I have to manaully turn on the amp every time?

2. Harold_C

Harold_C Stunt Coordinator

Roger:

You could just go to Radio Shack and by a 12V DC "wall-wart" power adaptor -- you know, the kind of thing that plugs into the wall outlet and powers your Discman. Should cost under $10.

Radio Shack has universal models that come with your choice of connector. You may be able to find the 3.5 mm miniplug that goes into the Parasound's 12 volt trigger. If not, a little soldering would get the job done. The hardest part would be tracking down the polarity for the miniplug.

Just plug the "wall-wart" into the switched outlet on your Denon and the 12V DC miniplug into the trigger input on the Parasound. Whenever your Denon is turned on, the Parasound will fire up.

I've gotta go do this little project for my a/d/s/ amp because the signal sensing turn on is not turning the amp on at a low enough volume. It has a 5 volt turn-on input carried on a DIN connector -- so I'll be whipping out the solder.

3. Roger Kint

Roger Kint Stunt Coordinator

Of course, that'll work. Thanks Harold!