What's new

Using Chrome Page Freezes Up (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
If I click on Home and then make a selection, Chrome goes into a wait state and never recovers. Also if I’m in a review that I found in the blu ray forum, and click on “continue reading” the same thing happens. It’s happened several times on reviews and the behavior is consistent.

I’m on my iPad Pro using Chrome.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
That's actually Safari reskinned. Apple doesn't allow 3rd party browsers at all on the iPad/iPhone. There is a thread, "Can't access Home page from desktop", where they're discussing issues loading the "Home" page when using Safari on macs. It sounds similar to what you're seeing.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I cleared the Chrome cache just incase the change that was made in the other thread would help me. It I didn’t. BTW, the problem does not occur with safari.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Chrome is becoming unusable on this forum. None of the links on the Home drop-down, that I have tried, work. They all just go into a wait state. That’s a shame because Chrome is faster than Safari. Yeah, I know it’s just reskinned safari, but it’s still faster.

When I first started using Chrome, I didn’t notice any problems. Has the forum software changed recently?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The problem has been fixed. Chrome now behaves as it should. A big thank you to whomever fixed this bug. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Lately, I've been noticing a whole new problem that seems to be exclusive to the Google Chrome browser; I'll open a new tab to do a Google search (Let's say for Glass Records as this was my latest search!). Then, after I've found the subject and have the tab set to the page I want to read later, I'll go back to another tab. Then, the tab, which should be on the far right, has instead disappeared as though it never existed! Weird!

This scenario has been occurring A LOT, and it is super annoying! Has anybody else been experiencing this? If so, what would cause it, and how can it be fixed?

CHEERS! :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
@Tony Bensley It has not happened to me.
OK, what I've found out is that if I have too many tabs open, some of the ones on the far right get squeezed out until I close some of them.

I'd like to know what happened to the Google Chrome slider? Is there some setting that I inadvertently triggered that cancelled out that function?

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks