What's new

Using a 5 in 1 media reader? (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
What software is used to access the 5 in 1 media reader on my Acer laptop? I inserted the sD card but see nothing in My Computer so I guess there has to be some software to access it, yet I see nothing too obvious other than "Windows Media Center" which wants to install something that I don't want to unless that is the one that is used. How does one get at the data on the sD card?

Jay

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I have the same question. I have a card reader, apparently only for SD Cards, but so far my PC can't see it.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
That's what i was trying.. I can push the SD card in and out but nothing pops up on the systray or mycomputer in Vista. I would think it would be something like a USB flash drive but nothing! Googling this problem seems to show people putting other memory sticks in and getting them stuck!!!

My "documentation" with the Acer (which is a joke) doesn't mention anything other than in the specifications...

P.S. I fired off an email to Acer's techsupport, see what they say.

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
OK, this is what Acer says should happen:

I will try again. I don't remember seeing ANYTHING in MyComptuer other than the regular hard drive and DVD drive... unless it's in a subfolder or hidden on a different view..

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks