USHV Press Release: REVELATIONS: THE COMPLETE SERIES

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    BILL PULLMAN AND NATASCHA MCELHONE STAR IN THE CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED NBC EVENT SERIES

REVELATIONS: THE COMPLETE SERIES

ARRIVING ON DVD JUNE 28, 2005 FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

"Well-made, spooky and suspenseful" - The New York Times

Universal City, CA, June 14, 2005 - From executive producer Gavin Polone (Panic Room, Secret Window) and writer-creator David Seltzer (The Omen, Dragonfly), comes the most talked- about miniseries of the season Revelations - available for the first time on DVD June 28, 2005. Bill Pullman (Independence Day) stars as a Harvard astrophysics professor convinced that all worldly events can be explained by science. He is challenged by a devout nun, played by Natascha McElhone (Solaris), who leads him on a journey through the unfamiliar world of religious faith. Drawn together by personal tragedy, these unlikely partners are propelled into a deepening mystery when they discover evidence that the world, as predicted by the Bible's Book of Revelation, has reached The End of Days.
    Directed by David Semel ("American Dreams"), Oscar(r) winner Lili Fini Zanuck (Driving Miss Daisy, Rush) and Lesli Linka Glatter ("Law & Order: SVU"), Revelations: The Complete Series features guest-starring roles by John Rhys-Davies (The Lord of The Rings), Tobin Bell (Saw), Limp Bizkit lead singer Fred Durst, Michael Massee ("24") and Mark Rendall ("The Interrogation of Michael Crowe"). The DVD also includes a behind-the-scenes featurette. The two-disc set is priced at $27.98 SRP.

CRITICS PRAISE "REVELATIONS"
    "Cinematic gloss, lyrical storytelling and subtle performances...unique and riveting TV." That's how Entertainment Weekly described Revelations, when it aired on NBC this spring and over 15 million viewers tuned in to the debut. TV Guide calls it a "lavishly produced nail-biter...Thrilling mix of hair-raising horror and provocative spiritual mystery...Apocalypse Wow!" The St. Petersburg Times dubs it "Perfect for mystery lovers, regardless of their religious Philosophies...smart...addictive." "It delivers," says Time Magazine. The Fort-Worth Star- Telegram writes that Revelations has "an edginess rarely seen in prime time." Or as the New York Post puts it: "Don't miss."

SYNOPSIS
    After his daughter is murdered in an apparent ritual sacrifice, Harvard astrophysicist Dr. Richard Massey (Bill Pullman) travels to Chile to find the killer. There he meets Sister Josepha Montafiore (Natascha McElhone), a devout nun who recruits Massey to investigate signs that point to the imminent end of the world as foretold in the New Testament's Book of Revelation. Meanwhile, Satanist Isaiah Haden (Michael Massee) has answered the Devil's call to make certain the Armies of Darkness will triumph in the apocalyptic battle to come. Together, the scientist and the nun race against the clock in hopes of averting Armageddon and proving that mankind is the master of its own fate.

CAST & FILMMAKERS
    Directors: David Semel, Lili Fini Zanuck, Lesli Linka Glatter
    Writers: David Seltzer, Mark Kruger
    Executive Producers: Gavin Polone, David Seltzer
    Producer: Jessika Borsiczky
    Cinematographers: Joel Ransom, Brian J. Reynolds
    Production Designers: Douglas Higgins, Philip Toolin
    Editors: Juan Carlos Garza, Lynne Willingham
    Original Music: Joseph Vitarelli, Blake Neely
    Visual Effects Supervisor: Eric J. Robertson
    Cast: Bill Pullman, Natascha McElhone, Michael Massee, John Rhys-Davies, Tobin Bell, Mark Rendall, Fred Durst, Martin Starr, Chelsey Coyle, Brittney Coyle

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

Street Date: June 28, 2005
    Rating: Not Rated
    Suggested Retail Price: $27.98 SRP
    DVD Selection Number: 28513
    Running Time: 4 Hours 19 Minutes
    Discs: 2
    Layers: Dual (Single-Sided)
    Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (1.78:1)
    Technical Info: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround/Captions; Spanish Subtitles

2. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Ron,

Thanks for the info. BTW, Release news was posted on TSoD earlier (but then, you already knew that, right? [​IMG] )

I'm surprised at the speed that this one got released to DVD. Interesting....any theories on why? I'm not complaining at all; it's one that I'll be buying.

3. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

Had no idea if it was or not.

When I post Press Release announcements it
    is my hope that our members read about it
    here first.

4. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Ron,

My apologies if I was mis-understood! I meant that reference as humor. HTF TV Bd is an awesome site and I've enjoyed being a part of it since Gord and Dave recommended it. I think of this site and TSoD as the top 2 TV/DVD sites on the 'net.

With high regards,

5. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    The press release and TSoD say "Widescreen (1.78:1)" and checking the back cover at DVD Empire, it doesn't specify whether it is anamorphic. Universal usually says "anamorphic" if it is (e.g., Father of the Pride) but in this case, it doesn't. Can anyone confirm if it is or not? Thanks!
    -

6. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    The Digital Bits answered my question. It is an unthinkable travesty: It is non-anamorphic letterboxed presentation!
    -

7. Rocky F

Rocky F Second Unit

Wow, that's hard to believe! I DVR'ed the first couple of episodes of this, and never got around to watching them. When I missed the third episode, I figured I would just wait for the DVD. I don't get NBC in high-def here in Little Rock (lousy, cheap Nexstar . . . but that's a rant for a different thread)so I figured a good anamorphic, 5.1 DVD would be better than watching it on tv anyway. I've been thinking about renting it, but now, I guess I'll just pass completely.

8. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Hello, all...I bought this set but haven't watched it yet due to other TV/DVD's series in progress.

Can someone explain this to me in a condensed "layman's" language (that even I can understand [​IMG] ) I know what WS is but what does the 'anamorphic' part have to do with the overall picture?

9. Harry-N

Harry-N Cinematographer

Harry N.
    Confirmed. It is indeed non-anamorphic widescreen.

With a Borders coupon, the set was reasonably priced, so even if it wasn't anamorphic, I figured it would be better than the off-air recordings I made.

Well it IS better than the off-air recordings, and the 5.1 Dolby Digital track has more oomph to it than the stereo track from TV, so it wasn't a total waste of money.

But why in the world this wasn't an anamorphic transfer is just inconceivable. Heck, the Universal logo at the start of the disc, AND THE MENU are anamorphic, so why not the program material? Stupid - just stupid.