usher v-9845 anyone heard these?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by robert!, Jan 8, 2006.

1. robert!

robert! Auditioning

hi everyone, the other day I was checking out some 2-3way speakers and came across these Usher ones (usheraudio.com/speaker-v9845.html if you goto products then drivers in menu you can see details about each driver) and was pretty impressed by them. Afterwards i tried searching for other peoples opinion on those but nobody seems to have heard´em, only the x719 and s-520 get the reviews so far. It has the same tweeter as the 520 but then its own 8" woofer and 2,5" mid driver

they go for 933$ in my country and as a reference the paradigm mini monitors are 655$ here.

I´m just wondering about what people think about usher, this model and how they compair to other speakers for the same money etc etc, thanks

2. DavidSGT

DavidSGT Stunt Coordinator

Hiya Robert,

Usher speakers are made in Taiwan and the 520 is quite decent for its asking price. A close friend of mine had it and has no complaints (he recently urgraded to an Epos m5.5), unfortunately I personally haven't listened to them, they look really cool thou, my 2 cts.

Regards.
    David SGT

3. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I spent a lot of time at the Usher room at CES last week and we had their Dancer (8571's) in our showroom running off the NuForce Ref 9's and it sounded incredible [​IMG] The dancers are out of my price range but I'm very likely getting some of the 6371's instead. I know that not all the Usher line up is available everywhere so depending on your location you might not be able to get the 9845's. The little 520's are surprisingly good as well. They had some in a bright red that really looked sharp...not for me but still cool [​IMG]