USHE Press Release: Jurassic World (3D Blu-ray Combo) (Blu-ray Combo)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
XenForo Template

THE #1 MOVIE OF THE YEAR PROVES THAT ONCE AGAIN, 

DINOSAURS RULE THE EARTH

51kzujULw8L.jpg

JURASSIC WORLD

EXPERIENCE IT IN STUNNING HI-DEFINITION WITH THE BD COMBO PACK
 IN LIMITED EDITION COLLECTIBLE STEEL PACKAGING

ON DIGITAL HD OCTOBER 1, 2015
3-D BLU-RAY™, BLU-RAY™, DVD AND ON DEMAND ON OCTOBER 20, 2015
FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Universal City, California, August 24, 2015 – Shattering records globally, Jurassic World crushed the opening-weekend box-office, scoring the highest domestic, international and worldwide openings of all time.  The film has taken in more than $1.6 billion globally to become the third-highest grossing film in history.  Now fans can experience the thrill and awe when Jurassic World arrives on Digital HD on October 1, 2015 and on 3-D Blu-ray™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand on October 20, 2015, from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.  More than two decades since Steven Spielberg’s Jurassic Park was released, fans of the original films and new moviegoers alike can witness the story come full circle as the park that was only a promise comes to life.

Now, 22 years later, an even bigger and enormously popular attraction has risen on Isla Nubar: Jurassic World. To keep attendance high, the park operators introduce a new, genetically modified hybrid creature called Indominus Rex. Bigger, stronger and far more intelligent than any dinosaur that ever walked the earth; the secretive new breed also proves more dangerous than anyone ever anticipated. Executive-produced by franchise creator Steven Spielberg and directed by Colin Trevorrow (Safety Not Guaranteed), Jurassic World stars Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy, “Parks and Recreation”) as Owen Grady, the park’s ex-military expert in animal behavior, and Bryce Dallas Howard (The Help, The Twilight Saga), as Claire Dearing, Jurassic World’s driven careerist, teaming up to save the park’s tourists when chaos erupts. 

Vincent D’Onofrio (Men in Black, “Law & Order: Criminal Intent”), Jake Johnson (TV’s “New Girl,” Let’s Be Cops”), Nick Robinson (“Melissa and Joey”), Ty Simpkins (Insidious series) BD Wong (Jurassic Park, “Law & Order: SVU”), Judy Greer (Ant-Man) and Irrfan Khan (Life of Pi) also star in the blockbuster adventure that will delight fans of the original as much as it thrills a new generation of viewers.  

BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAYTM: 
WELCOME TO JURASSIC WORLD:  An in-depth take on the creation, look and feel of Jurassic World.  Director Colin Trevorrow and Steven Spielberg discuss how the idea of the film came together and how the casting was decided with actors’ commentary on their roles and filming locations.  
JURASSIC WORLD: ALL-ACCESS PASS:  Chris Pratt and Director Colin Trevorrow discuss key moments in the film, supported by behind-the-scenes footage and VFX breakdowns.
INNOVATION CENTER TOUR WITH CHRIS PRATT:  Chris Pratt gives a tour of the Innovation Center, a museum/exhibit, built just for the movie. 
JURASSIC’S CLOSEST SHAVES: Clips from all films in the franchise showing “near death” or extremely scary encounters with dinosaurs.

BLU-RAYTM AND DVD BONUS FEATURES
DELETED SCENES
DINOSAURS ROAM ONCE AGAIN:  Behind the scenes look at the making of Jurassic World’s visual effects, how the dinosaurs came to life, and actors filmed scenes. 
CHRIS & COLIN TAKE ON THE WORLD:   Chris Pratt and Colin Trevorrow (Director) interview each other and discuss Jurassic World as well as the other Jurassic Park movies. 

For artwork, please log onto our website at www.ushepublicity.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/JurassicPark
Twitter: twitter.com/jurassicpark
Instagram https: instagram.com/jurassicworld
Hashtag: #JurassicWorld

SYNOPSIS
The Jurassic World theme park lets guests experience the thrill of witnessing actual dinosaurs, but something ferocious lurks behind the park’s attractions – a genetically modified dinosaur with savage capabilities.  When the massive creature escapes, chaos erupts across the island.  Now it’s up to Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) to save the park’s tourists from an all-out prehistoric assault.

FILMMAKERS:
Cast: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Vincent D’Onofrio, Ty Simpkins, Nick Robinson, Jake Johnson, Omar Sy, BD Wong, Judy Greer, Irrfan Khan,
Directed By: Colin Trevorrow
Written By: Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver, Derek Connolly, Colin Trevorrow
Based on Characters By: Michael Crichton
Produced By: Frank Marshall, Patrick Crowley
Executive Produced By: Steven Spielberg, Thomas Tull
Director of Photography: John Schwartzman, ASC.
Production Designer: Edward Verreaux
Edited By: Kevin Stitt
Costume Designers: Daniel Orlandi
Music By: Michael Giacchino

TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAY™:
Street Date: October 20, 2015
Copyright: 2015 Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Selection Number: 6112956 (US)/ 61129744 (CDN)
Layers: BD-50
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen, 2.00:1
Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of science-fiction violence and peril
Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish and French Subtitles
Sound: English DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1/Dolby Digital 2.0, Spanish DTS Surround 5.1, French DTS Surround 5.1
Run Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes

TECHNICAL INFORMATION 3D BLU-RAY™:
Selection Number: 61166272 (US)/ 61169089 (CDN)
Layers: BD-50
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen, 2.00:1
Sound: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/Dolby Digital 2.0, Spanish DTS Surround 5.1, French DTS Surround 5.1

TECHNICAL INFORMATION DVD
Selection Number: 61129754 (US)/ 61129746 (CDN)
Layers: Dual
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen, 2.00:1
Sound: English Dolby Digital 5.1/Dolby Digital 2.0, Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1, French Dolby Digital 5.1

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did not see this in theatres; I meant to, but the summer simply got away from me, and I want to see it in 3D.

I finally got a copy of the converted-to-3D Jurassic Park, and I was VERY impressed with that conversion.

Hopefully this uber-popular movie will look just as good on 3D Blu-ray as the original.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Interesting that it's a 2.00:1 aspect ratio, that's unusual for films shot today, i'm guessing 2.00:1 is what the effects were done at, same as Titanic although they matted that to 2.35:1 and in the 3D 1.78:1 edition it loses some image info whenever an effects scene is onscreen.

John Stockton

Second Unit
FoxyMulder said:
Interesting that it's a 2.00:1 aspect ratio, that's unusual for films shot today, i'm guessing 2.00:1 is what the effects were done at, same as Titanic although they matted that to 2.35:1 and in the 3D 1.78:1 edition it loses some image info whenever an effects scene is onscreen.
Apparently the director had originally wanted shoot this in 2.35 but was overuled by Spielberg who wanted it done in 1.85. So a compromise was reached by both, which resulted in the 2.00 ratio.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Bought this on 3D Blu-ray.

Did not make it past the first 30 minutes.

I don't know if it was the mood I was in, or this movie just came off as being absolutely "silly."

I am not a prude by any means, but even the sexual innuendos that were introduced into the relationship of the main adult characters was unnecessary.

Just doesn't even remotely approach the creativity of the original film.

The 3D, being unconverted (like what isn't) was just mildly good.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Ron,

That's too bad as I thought this was a pretty good entertaining film. Perhaps, you need to give it another try when you're in a more receptive mood.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Mine came today, but I was busy doing other things, and I'm also still catching up with TV shows I missed last week, so I don't see getting to this until the weekend.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Just finished watching Jurassic World in 2D, will watch it in 3D at next viewing. Excellent quality, picture and sound.

One of the most enjoyable films I've seen this year.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
Watched it. Much prefer this one to the original film, which I am in the minority, and dislike.. The 3D neither add nor detracts from the film, but I love 3D, and this film displays wonderful, natural depth, which maintaining rich, vibrant colors. Very good disc. Enjoyable film.

cb1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
The 3D seemed pretty natural for me. It was just enough to give good depth. The thing for me is that it was pretty comfortable watching for my eyes. Most 3D movies with strong depth/pop outs makes my eyes water and strain; this movie did not do that.

The movie and the 3D was pretty enjoyable for me.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Great way to spend an evening! The 3D really seemed well done to these eyes and I really enjoyed the story. Ron, you should definitely give it another go - perhaps you just had an off night.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
ChristopherG said:
Ron, you should definitely give it another go - perhaps you just had an off night.
I may have. I will definitely give it another go this weekend and report back.

P

Patrick Donahue

Stephen_J_H said:
There's a subtext to this film that I will not spoil which made it very enjoyable to me.
Go for it - I'm curious what it is...

This was my favorite movie of the summer. Just a FUN time. Jurassic Park came out when I was 15, which is a perfect age for it. This brought me right back to that summer. Could have been made great by not having the D'onofiro subplot...

Reactions: ChristopherG

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Patrick Donahue said:

This was my favorite movie of the summer. Just a FUN time. Jurassic Park came out when I was 15, which is a perfect age for it. This brought me right back to that summer. Could have been made great by not having the D'onofiro subplot...
Of course, that sets up the sequel which is going to happen if not this subplot than some other one for the same reason.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Patrick Donahue said:

The underlying theme of the film seems to be how everything has to be bigger and more exciting, much like sequels in Hollywood franchises, to the point where we lose sight of what made the originals so great in the first place. Seems to be Colin Trevorrow commenting on how he did this tiny sci-fi themed indie and is suddenly thrust into the Hollywood blockbuster machine, wondering how he got there.

Reactions: ChristopherG

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Patrick Donahue said:
Yeah I agree about D'Onofrio, the whole wanting to weaponize the animal/technology aspect has been done to death (and really, don't we already have better technology than raptors). I don't get why the makers of these types of movies seemingly always feel a human villain is needed (I guess maybe we're supposed to feel elated when that person is horrible killed by whatever the monster is in a given film)

Robert Crawford said:
Of course, that sets up the sequel which is going to happen if not this subplot than some other one for the same reason.
I guess it's possible, but I would imagine the premise would be fairly easy to establish in the sequel without the need to set it up via a fairly superfluous subplot in the previous movie

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerani53