What's new

USHE Press Release: E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Ah, yes... E.T.: The Book of the Green Planet where we meet the Flopglopple. Dreary rubbish that tries like hell to include an older Elliott in the plot somehow, even though it takes place one million light years from Earth.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
That story treatment sounds like nonsense. Probably Spielberg and Mathison had to get something on paper, and registered with the WGA in order to ensure that nobody else would be able to write a sequel, if the studio ended up demanding one. Common practice in Hollywood, actually. I doubt they ever seriously considered putting that thing on film. The outline makes no sense and is loaded with typos, which makes me think they banged it out in an hour over a glass of Cook's Champagne or something...

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
Quite frankly, I'm more than a little interested in the idea of E.T. on Blu Ray. I've been considering upgrading all the Spielberg's to blu--I already fully intend on getting JAWS on 8/14--and am thinking of adding E.T. to that mix. I have the 2 DVD version with the original and SE discs. I have no special beef with the SE but am happy the original is the one coming out.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
eric scott richard said:
Todd, do you have Close Encounters? It is awesome on blu.
Not yet, but it's on the list to get. I had the 3 DVD set and sold it to get the Blu Ray. Funny enough, I've only ever seen the theatrical cut of CE3K so far. I'll watch all 3 versions though when I do get the Blu. I might wait and have a Speiblerg on Blu day and watch Jaws, CE3K, E.T., and Tintin on the same day. Maybe.
The decision to upgrade or not for me is usually based on how I got the DVD though. By that I mean, if I bought the DVD myself, I have no particular qualms about selling it and upgrading to the Blu Ray. But if it was a gift, that gift has some form of sentimental value attached to it and I will not upgrade, or if I do, I don't get rid of the DVD. For instance, The Dark Knight was a gift. I'm sure the Blu Ray of the movie looks bitching as all get out, but I'll stick with the DVD. Jaws I bought, so Jaws is more replaceable. This is especially true as certain people who have given me these gifts are no longer around, so I keep the DVD as a sentimental reminder of them. That may sound strange, but that's my logic. So yes, even a complete piece of garbage like the Alpha SLAVES IN BONDAGE is still on my shelf as it was a gift--a gag gift, true, but a gift nonetheless by a friend who passed away.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Originally Posted by haineshisway /t/321107/ushe-press-release-e-t-the-extra-terrestrial/60#post_3932946
I wonder if anyone knows who is posting in this thread who's actually in ET?

I know!! I know!!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Chas in CT said:
I know!!  I know!!    :drum:
I really need to know so I can clear something up....
My story: When I was a kid I wrote to Mr. Spielberg requesting everybody's autographs and they never arrived. I just know all those awesome autographs are sitting in a post office somewhere with a bad zip code on them. :( So I just need to start again is all. ... I know it's not Dee Wallace posting here.. right? *hopes beyond all hope* oh please oh please oh please...

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Radioman970 said:
I really need to know so I can clear something up....
My story: When I was a kid I wrote to Mr. Spielberg requesting everybody's autographs and they never arrived. I just know all those awesome autographs are sitting in a post office somewhere with a bad zip code on them. :( So I just need to start again is all. ... I know it's not Dee Wallace posting here.. right? *hopes beyond all hope* oh please oh please oh please...
Dee Wallace is as sweet as you would hope, and has her own website, so she is fairly easy to reach. http://iamdeewallace.com/

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
NY2LA said:
Dee Wallace is as sweet as you would hope, and has her own website, so she is fairly easy to reach. http://iamdeewallace.com/
Well now I"m just embarrassed... :P ...but I bookmarked that. She's one of my favorite actresses for being in ET. And all those horror films that line my movie shelf.
I'll try to think of something to write her. Really, I'd be completely starstruck if she wrote back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks