USHE Press Release: Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator

Jul 3, 1997
    Ronald Epstein

Exclusive Extended Episode of the Mid-Season Cliffhanger and
    Behind-the-Scenes Commentary on DVD September 19, 2006 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment

Universal City, California, July 17, 2006 – An epic tale of intergalactic survival continues when Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5 soars onto DVD on September 19, 2006 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The explosive second half of Season Two of one of the most talked about shows on television arrives on a three-disc set with 11 episodes, including a DVD exclusive of the extended mid-season cliffhanger “Pegasus.” Presented in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, the action-packed science fiction phenomenon comes with over 10 hours of special features, including deleted scenes, podcasts and a behind-the-scenes look with Battlestar Galactica’s executive producer David Eick. Battlestar Galactica, a daring 21st century adventure, with eye-popping action, groundbreaking visuals and intriguing characters, is the winner of a 2005 Peabody Award for Achievement in Electronic Media.

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5 picks up the saga of the human survivors of a brutal century-long war with an exclusive-to-DVD extended version of midseason nail-biter “Pegasus.” As they race toward the fabled home of mankind, Earth, the ragtag band of refugees are pursued by the relentless robots that have destroyed their home planets. Fighting for their lives, the band is also endangered by the presence of traitorous human alliances with the Cylon menace. Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell return as Commander William “Husker” Adama, and President Laura Roslin, the lynchpins of the unlikely alliance that holds the survivors together. The brilliant cast also includes Jamie Bamber (Band of Brothers), Katee Sackhoff (Halloween: Resurrection), James Callis (Bridget Jones’ Diary), Tricia Helfer (Behind the Camera: the Unauthorized Story of Charlie’s Angels), and Grace Park (Producer/Host of “Canada’s Next Top Model”). The DVD is priced at $49.98 SRP. Preorder close is August 15, 2006.

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5 includes an array of bonus features that will delight and surprise hardcore fans and new viewers, including:

Ronald D. Moore's Podcast Commentaries – Producer Ronald D. Moore provides a behind-the-scenes peek at the making of Battlestar Galactica., previously available only online.
    David Eick's Video Blog – Producer David Eick takes viewers onto the set to reveal the inner workings of Battlestar Galactica, including a personal tour of the new Battleship Pegasus.
    Audio Commentary – More insider information from Eick and Moore about the expanded midseason cliffhanger “Pegasus.”
    RND TV Logos - A compilation of the animated logos at the end of each show - depicting the two executive producers - David Eick and Ronald D. Moore - killing each other off in creative ways.
    Deleted Scenes – All new and never aired on TV!

Battlestar Galactica is the gripping saga of humanity's last remnants and their struggle to find a new home while fleeing from their deadly Cylon enemies. Redefining the space opera with its gritty realism, Galactica has distinguished itself by the intensity and present day relevance of its stories and the command performances of its ensemble cast. The series confronts everything from religion, politics and sex, to what it really means to be "human." Galactica has struck a chord with audiences, who have made it one of the most talked about series on television. Season three of Battlestar Galactica is slated to premiere on SCI FI Channel in October 2006.

Universal Television Studios. For more information please visit:

Street Date: September 19, 2006
    Pre-Order Close: August 15, 2006
    Copyright: 2006 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
    Price: $49.98 SRP
    Selection Number: 29833
    Running Time: 8 Hours 41 Minutes
    Layers: DVD-9
    Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
    Rating: Not Rated
    Technical Info: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround; English SDH, Spanish
  2. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Mar 6, 2001
    Best Buy will be including a bonus disc with the recap special "The Story So Far" (on some copies). But can anyone make sense of Best Buy's website description?

"Best Buy exclusives! Pre-order the exclusive box set, The Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection, along with Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5 and save $10! You'll also get the exclusive bonus disc, Battlestar Galactica: The Story So Far, included with both titles. Available in store and online."

Either it means that [the bonus disc will be included on web orders if you buy both Galactica 2.5 and the Crap Collection], or it means that [the bonus disc will be included if you buy Galactica 2.5 alone AND the bonus disc will be included if you buy the Crap Collection alone]. I think it means the latter. Anyone else have other intepretations of what they could be trying to say?

(I'm tempted to order from Best Buy's website because they say that stores will only have about 30 copies of the bonus disc, and there's no Best Buy near me. Even if the special is just a stupid "clip show", I expect it will fly out of Best Buy the morning of release).

Here's the press release of this clip show:

3. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

Oct 28, 2004
    I can't wait for the extended Pegasus episode should be great.
  4. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Dec 4, 2001
    I really hope that this bonus disc is available at the Best Buys here in Canada. It would be a shame if it weren't....and it would result in another trip south of the border in that case.
  5. jim.vaccaro

jim.vaccaro Second Unit

Jun 27, 2005
    Already preordered from Amazon a month ago; I'm eagerly awaiting this set as I completely missed the second half of season 2 when it was airing.
  6. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

May 7, 2001
    YAY! Definately a pick up in the store for me in about 2 weeks. I just really, really want to revisit the two part season finale before October 6 when the new season starts.
  7. Jeff Krispow

Jeff Krispow Stunt Coordinator

Sep 5, 2001

I have a big favor to ask my fellow HTF members here…

Did any of you happen to receive an extra copy of the Best Buy Bonus Disc (Battlestar Galactica: The Story So Far) that shipped with this collection that you would be willing to part with? Best Buy included this disc with The Classic Sci-Fi Collection, Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5 and Roar: The Complete Series sets.

I'm permanently disabled, and my condition has worsened sufficiently that I can no longer go out to my local Best Buy to pick up these discs -- as such, I instead relyed on their online website to fulfill my orders. BIG Mistake. Best Buy really screwed me over on this entire thing. Two consecutive pre-orders were missing a total of 4 exclusive bonus discs/items (some of which were even listed as included on my receipt!). Grrr.

While I understand that all Bonus Discs are "limited," I ordered both The Classic Sci-Fi Collection AND Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5 via a special specific Best Buy online offer which very literally PROMISED they were included with ALL online sets. Not only that, but I have copies of two additional online ads stating the exact same thing! Plus I even confirmed this with a supervisor by phone ahead of time and prior to shipment. (And to make matters worse, they also overcharged me on this offer; after over a month and quite a few phone calls, they still haven't contacted me back to fix this as "promised".)

*Ugh* Big headache.

In any event, if there is anyone who received an extra Galactica: Story So Far DVD -- or would be willing to part with their disc (if it's useless to you) -- I would appreciate being able to receive it. I'm also trying to locate the Lost: Season 2 - The Reckoning Best Buy bonus disc as well that they screwed me out of, should anyone be willing to part with that as well.

Please contact me by private mail if you can help!

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can be of assistance -- please know it's very much appreciated!

Sorry to interrupt here with this request… thanks for your indulgence of my posting.

Regards to all,