What's new

USHE Press Release: Back To The Future Trilogy (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
I just noticed that the first two "Back to the Future" films upgraded to 4K on iTunes. Part 3 is still in HD. I wonder if they jumped the gun like they did with "2001" and will downgrade back to HD until next month. I haven't had a chance to sample them yet, but looking forward to it.
My iTunes JAWS updated to 4K/Atmos about two weeks before street date; early enough that I ended up cancelling my 4K disc pre-order as the 4K file quality was so good.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I posted an individual thread with this news over in the Movies forum, but in case some people didn't see it over there, I thought it would be worth sharing here as well.

Ron Cobb, who helped to design the interior of the DeLorean for Back to the Future has passed away at the age of 83.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For anyone who wants to take a flyer -- there is an Ebay seller with excellent feedback who has the Trilogy 4K available for $9.99.

I think pretty much it has to be an error, but stranger things have happened. The listing is coming in/out of stock and I fully expect it
to be cancelled and I don't think I'd be upset since that seller now has sold a couple thousand units of a new release at Big Lots pricing..
I think gruv-entertainment is affiliated if not owned by Universal so it's even possible they'll actually fulfill orders and I won't feel like I'm putting a small business owner into Chapter 11. It is selling out intermittently, but it keeps getting relisted with more copies so don't give up too early.

Last edited:

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
For anyone who wants to take a flyer -- there is an Ebay seller with excellent feedback who has the Trilogy 4K available for $9.99.

I think pretty much it has to be an error, but stranger things have happened. The listing is coming in/out of stock and I fully expect it
to be cancelled and I don't think I'd be upset since that seller now has sold a couple thousand units of a new release at Big Lots pricing..
I think gruv-entertainment is affiliated if not owned by Universal so it's even possible they'll actually fulfill orders and I won't feel like I'm putting a small business owner into Chapter 11. It is selling out intermittently, but it keeps getting relisted with more copies so don't give up too early.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Back-to-the-Future-Trilogy-Blu-ray-Michael-J-Fox-NEW/124346877320
Your link takes me to a blu-ray edition, not the 4K version.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Ok. If I go to the visit store page from your link. I can see the 4K version for $9.99. I gave it a shot too. What is there to lose.

edit: thanks Tony for direct link.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Because both items are the same price, there's no reason not to go with the 4K version. Even if you can only use the Blu-rays, the 4K version includes those too. So you'd be future-proofing for $0.

I am sticking with my advance order of the steelbooks, but that is a VERY nice price point if it works out.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That is quite a disparity in pricing. :laugh:

In all seriousness, good luck to everyone who ordered at $9.99. Please do let us know if it works out for you.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Tthe outside of the Adelphi Theatre, which will be the home of the stage musical in London, has been decked out with some cool artwork:

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Watched a bit of the first film in 4k tonight. Digital.

looks great. A bit darker but color is good. Not over saturated and bright like the blu rays. Pleasant picture.

Jeff F.

Second Unit
Watched a bit of the first film in 4k tonight. Digital.

looks great. A bit darker but color is good. Not over saturated and bright like the blu rays. Pleasant picture.
I noticed that it looked darker, too. I got so used to the look of the blu rays that it took me a moment to adjust to the darker look.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
We're less than a week away now from release.

Blu-ray.com added another photo to their database which shows a large look at the steelbook art, but this time the titles are on it. A while back I posted an image of them which I found on the Steelbook website without the titles. I know some people here disagreed about the titles being on there, but personally I like these much better, because I view the title as an important part of the cover. Without them, there's an awful lot of negative space on the covers where the sky is. It will be interesting to see whether the final release keeps the titles or not.

BTTF Steelbooks.jpg

Nothing has been revealed yet as far as I know for the back of the steelbooks, so I guess that will be a surprise for Tuesday. Because they are obviously going for a bigger consecutive picture across the front of all three steelbooks, it would be cool if that bigger picture idea also carries over to the back. Maybe Doc and/or Biff/Griff/Buford could show up back there, because they are major characters across all three films who aren't on the front artwork. And of course Clara should be on the third one.

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Those steelbooks do look very cool... though can't imagine myself using all the shelf space to display them to full effect. I suppose one could just do that as a limited time thing for whenever one's in the mood for a BttF marathon or something...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks