What's new

USHE Press Release: Back To The Future Trilogy (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
$12 cheaper at Target.

Doug,

Thanks for the "heads up" on that. I thought the box-o-junk was the only option available. I added the second option to the preorder links on the original post (though yours is just above this post).

I am actually thinking of going with Target if that is the cheapest price and Amazon won't come down to that price.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Doug,

Thanks for the "heads up" on that. I thought the box-o-junk was the only option available. I added the second option to the preorder links on the original post (though yours is just above this post).

I am actually thinking of going with Target if that is the cheapest price and Amazon won't come down to that price.

I went ahead and pre-ordered from Target. Even if it does come down I doubt it will decrease by much, and I wanted to lock in that deal. I'm perfectly willing to pay $45 for this set. That's a reasonable price IMO.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I went ahead and pre-ordered from Target. Even if it does come down I doubt it will decrease by much, and I wanted to lock in that deal. I'm perfectly willing to pay $45 for this set. That's a reasonable price IMO.
I ordered from Target, too. I had a few "red circle" dollars that were going to expire to apply to the order, bringing the cost down to about $40. I'm not a huge fan of the sequels, but based on their track record who knows if/when Universal would ever release these separately on disc -- or even get the transfers out in 4K to the streaming services. I wouldn't bite on the Jurassic Park set, but I think all the JP sequels are downright awful and have no desire to see any of them ever again. I will watch the BTTF sequels, even though they pale in comparison to the first film.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Very much looking forward to this release, best ever trilogy. Wonderful ending to part 3, and no hope of any sequels, prequels, back stories or TV spinoffs. Thanks again Robert and Bob.
To be fair, they've whored out BTTF in comic book form:

Transformers/Back to the Future #1 (of 4) - Comics by comiXology

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I like the Target price too and I would probably order there right away if I knew I needed the set. However, I think I'll wait for reviews on this. Because I'm not 4K equipped, it will come down to whether the included Blu-rays are going to be significantly superior to the ones I bought ten years ago. If they are, I wouldn't be opposed to a double dip since I really love the films, but I also don't think the existing Blu-rays are deficient. So we'll see.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Wonderful ending to part 3, and no hope of any sequels, prequels, back stories or TV spinoffs.

You mean besides this one? ;)

BTTF Animated.jpg

And the spinoff/remake stage musical from earlier this year that the new bonus disc will address?

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I ordered the Hoverboard which is now unavailable.
There’s a good chance I’ll cancel that and hope my iTunes redeemed versions get the 4K uptick.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I ordered the Hoverboard which is now unavailable.
There’s a good chance I’ll cancel that and hope my iTunes redeemed versions get the 4K uptick.

I may do that as well.

however I do want the extras as I sold my older Blu ray set a while ago.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I may do that as well.

however I do want the extras as I sold my older Blu ray set a while ago.

Did you already order it?
I think the hoverboard is exclusive to Amazon and it’s no longer available.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Did you already order it?
I think the hoverboard is exclusive to Amazon and it’s no longer available.

yes I preordered from target. No hoverboard edition.
$42.99
With the red card my total will be $43.70

the price could drop before October though.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
This thread put the series back into my mind so my wife and I watched the first film last night, and the documentary from the BD this afternoon - we hadn’t watched our 2015 box set yet and I had just ripped the whole thing into my Plex server the day before the announcement of the new remaster.

The movie holds up wonderfully.

I can see what the issue is with the transfer but I just don’t think I watch them enough to make upgrading a Day 1 priority, especially since I’m still running an HD projection setup. If there’s an absurdly low clearance price in a couple years, I might be tempted, but the set I have is certainly watchable.

Very excited to revisit II and III. I haven’t seen III since I got into old westerns and I think it’ll be fun to see if there are any references to older films I might pick up that I’ve missed all these years.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
For me, Back to the Future is one of those movies from that general era of filmmaking (along with Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, and Jaws) that feels perfectly executed. I never tire of watching these, and even though I know them very well, I never fail to get emotionally invested every single time. I love that.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I never tire of watching these, and even though I know them very well, I never fail to get emotionally invested every single time. I love that.
Agreed. BTTF has two of my favorite parts in any movie: The first is Marty playing guitar at the dance. Johnny B. Goode rightfully gets the recognition but I think Earth Angel is just as good. Marty standing up as the score swells along with the song and the pay off for George and Lorraine's story is wonderful. The climax where Doc reconnects the wire on the clock tower to get Marty back home is a moment that makes me want to cheer. Not to make it bigger than it actually is but the look of determination on Doc's face as he decides to slide down the wire is the most effective example of friendship that I can think of in a movie.

Semi-related: The cut from "Hey, man, the dance is over. Unless you know somebody else that can play the guitar." to Marty playing is perfect comedic timing:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
To anyone who has the 2015 version of the Blu-rays, are there any bonus features on that edition that the press release does not mention carrying over?

I have the original 2010 Blu-rays but haven't upgraded since then. So I was just wondering if all of the features that were added in 2015 are going to be carried over to this edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks