1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

USHE Press Release: Back To The Future 30th Anniversary Trilogy (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Message #1 of 75 Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2018
    Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

a35760b8-4a0e-4945-83aa-600a5a339e56.

611cb6c9-904d-4a47-b3ac-8a38923e4420.

THE FUTURE IS NOW!

BACK TO THE FUTURE
    30th ANNIVERSARY TRILOGY

Traveling to Blu-ray and DVD on October 20, 2015
    along with Back to the Future: The Complete Animated Series

& Back to the Future: The Complete Adventures

Universal City, California, July 16, 2015 – Great Scott! In 1985 Director Robert Zemeckis, Executive Producer Steven Spielberg and Producer/Screenwriter Bob Gale embarked on a three-part  journey through time that broke box-office records worldwide and catapulted  Back to the Future  into one of the most beloved trilogies in motion picture history.  In 1989, the filmmakers gave us a glimpse of the future in  Back to the Future Part II  as Marty McFly and Doc Brown traveled to 2015…or, if our calculations are correct, October 21, 2015, to be exact.  “The Future” has finally arrived.

Now,  Universal Pictures Home Entertainment celebrates  this once-in-a-lifetime date, as well as the 30th  Anniversary of the groundbreaking first film, with three new releases debuting on October 20, 2015.  Available on Blu-ray  & DVD, the

Back to the Future 30th  Anniversary Trilogy  will include all three movies plus a new bonus disc with more two hours of content.  Back to the Future: The Complete Animated Series  will be released for the first time ever on DVD featuring all 26 episodes from the award-winning series and  Back to the Future: The Complete Adventures  will include all three movies, the complete animated series, a new bonus disc, a 64-page book and collectible light-up “Flux Capacitor” packaging.  Featuring more than two hours of content, the bonus disc will include all-new original shorts, documentaries, two episodes from the animated series and more.

In addition to the home entertainment release, the  Back to the Future  celebration continues in theaters when the films go back to the big screen on October 21, 2015.  Check local listings for show times.  Additionally, Universal Music Enterprises is reissuing an all-new 30th  Anniversary picture disc vinyl soundtrack, available October 16th  in stores and through all digital partners.

About  Back to the Future 30th  Anniversary Trilogy  (Blu-ray  & DVD)

Experience the future all over again with the  Back to the Future 30th  Anniversary Trilogy! Join Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox), Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) and a time traveling DeLorean for the adventure of a lifetime as they travel to the past, present and future, setting off a time-shattering chain reaction that disrupts the space time continuum! From filmmakers Steven Spielberg, Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale, this unforgettable collection features hours of bonus features and is an unrivaled trilogy that stands the test of time.

Includes:

• Back to the Future, Back to the Future Part II, Back to the Future Part III

• Bonus Disc with More than Two Hours of Content

• Digital HD with UltraViolet (Blu-ray  Exclusive)

• Collectible Packaging (Blu-ray  Exclusive)

Bonus Features:

• All New Original Shorts:  Including  Doc Brown Saves the World!, starring Christopher Lloyd.

• OUTATIME: Restoring the DeLorean: An inside look at the 2012 restoration of the most iconic car in film history.

• Looking Back to the Future: A 9-part retrospective documentary from 2009 on the trilogy’s legacy.

• Back to the Future: The Animated Series:  2 episodes (“Brothers” and “Mac the Black”) from the 1991 series featuring live action segments with Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown.

• Tales from the Future 6-Part Documentary

Back to the Future 30th  Anniversary Trilogy  (Blu-ray  & DVD) Bonus Features Continued:

• The Physics of  Back to the Future

• Deleted Scenes

• Michael J. Fox Q&A

• Eight Archival Featurettes

• Behind the Scenes Footage

• Music Videos

• Audio Commentaries

• Back to the Future: The Ride

About  Back to the Future : The Complete Animated Series  (DVD)

It's about time!  The adventures continue with all 26 episodes of the award winning  Back to the Future: The Complete Animated Series, in its entirety and uncut! Join Marty McFly and Doc Brown, Doc's wife Clara, sons Jules and Verne, and dog Einstein for more hilarious escapades as they time travel to Prehistoric Hill Valley, Ancient Rome, Medieval England, the Civil War, the days of the pirates, the far future and beyond.  Featuring live action segments with Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown, science experiments by Bill Nye the Science Guy and the vocal talents of Mary Steenburgen (Clara), Thomas Wilson (Biff) and Dan Castellaneta (Doc), it is family entertainment at its best and a true treasure for all  Back to the Future  fans!

Bonus Features:

• Drawn to the Future: New interview with creator/writer Bob Gale and writer John Ludin.

• Galleries: Rare archival materials featuring character art, DeLorean designs and more.

About  Back to the Future : The Complete Adventures  (Blu-ray & DVD)

Great Scott! For the first time ever,  Back to the Future: The Complete Adventures  pairs together the original beloved trilogy starring Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd along with the complete TV series.  Join Marty McFly, Doc Brown and a time traveling DeLorean for the adventure of a lifetime as they travel to the past, present and future, setting off a time-shattering chain reaction that disrupts the space time continuum.

Includes:

• Back to the Future, Back to the Future Part II, Back to the Future Part III

• Back to the Future: The Complete Animated Series  DVD

• Bonus Disc with More than 2 Hours of Content

• Digital HD with UltraViolet (Blu-ray Exclusive)

• Back to the Future: A Visual History  64-Page Book

• Light-Up “Flux Capacitor” Packaging

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. Persianimmortal

Persianimmortal Screenwriter

Koroush Ghazi
    Don't get suckered into buying this set - that light-up Flux Capacitor packaging consumes a huge amount of electrical power...

3. SD_Brian

SD_Brian Supporting Actor

Brian
    Don't worry: it's 2015. We no longer need to use plutonium to generate 1.21 gigawatts. We can power it with Mr. Fusion.

Stephen_J_H and battlebeast like this.
  4. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Producer

Joel Henderson
    Allegedly this set was going to include a hoverboard but they couldn't get it work over water. =P

SERIOUSLY: Seeing as Universal has been on a major 4k remaster binge lately, one would hope they did the same with one of their higher profile titles.

Stephen_J_H and Osato like this.
  5. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Indeed. But nothing in this press release indicates any such remastering work. Since I already own the 25th anniversary set, whether or not I actually upgrade will hinge on that.

Osato likes this.
  6. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    This is what studios do. We all know it...

They take existing transfers and simply repackage it in an attempt to sell it to you a second time.

Warner continually does this.

Look what Fox just did with the James Bond series.

This release of BTTF should come as no surprise.

Dave H, Mark Walker and Osato like this.
  7. battlebeast

battlebeast Cinematographer

Warren
    Fox has the James Bond Series? Since when?

8. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

Seriously? MGM titles are released through Fox.

Osato likes this.
  9. Bill Waits

Bill Waits Stunt Coordinator

magicman
    I know that this may not be the most important question, but am curious if the two animated shorts with the Blu Ray movies...will they be SD, or HD?

10. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I have no inside knowledge but I'd bet the house that they'll be SD or upconverted.

11. Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux Screenwriter

Jonathan Perregaux
    Oh, the same adequate transfers! Oh, the remaining lack of all the Eric Stoltz as Marty footage! Oh, the pointless light-up packaging! Oh, the horrible animated series in its entirety! And yet...

I WANT IT!!

We still don't have hoverboards... but interestingly enough, in 2015 plutonium is available in every corner drugstore:

[​IMG]

Stephen_J_H likes this.
  12. Michel_Hafner

Michel_Hafner Screenwriter

Not interested unless they remaster without DNR.

FoxyMulder, MatthewA and Konstantinos like this.
  13. buddyiahndrums@gmail.com

Buddy
    I already own the 25th Anniversary, too. In fact, I got it for $10 when Best Buy had a kickback a couple of years ago. I really like this idea, but are they going to reissue it every five years with "new" content. I'm not upgrading as of now, but as a fan, it may persuade me if it's 4K.

Osato likes this.
  14. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

It's a new day at Universal so I think there's a fair chance that that'll happen.

15. Paul_Warren

Paul_Warren Second Unit

Paul Warren
    Needs to be 4K transfer & or DNR free otherwise no sale from me & I am a huge BTTF fan.

MatthewA and Osato like this.
  16. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    I'm curious about the animated series, which I have never seen, but will need to find out more about the new bonus material in order to consider buying the trilogy again. What is the point of the bonus disc featuring two episodes of the series if they are also going to be including the whole set?

Glad to hear about the theatrical re-release, though, as I'd love to see that.

17. ScottJH

ScottJH Supporting Actor

Scott
    Needs to say "Digitally Remastered and Fully Restored from High Resolution 35mm Original Film Elements" on the back to even get me interested.

18. Allansfirebird

Allansfirebird Supporting Actor

Sean
    Until Bob Zemeckis, Bob Gale & Eric Stoltz finally agree to release the approximate 45 minutes of completed footage that was filmed of Stoltz as Marty, Universal shan't be getting another dime from me in regards to Back to the Future.

19. haineshisway

haineshisway Producer

Bruce
    Because it's never occurred to you that Eric Stoltz might not want all his footage fully released - and let me tell you, if he doesn't want it released it won't be, despite what you or the filmmakers want.

And let's be real - does everyone not think if this were remastered that that would be trumpeted all over this package. And yet people somehow don't understand that. It's the same old same old.

20. Garysb

Garysb Cinematographer

Its seems that any time anything is re released people want it remastered so that it can be better than it was. It would be interesting if people would provide a list of films they believe are perfect on blu ray and couldn't possibly be improved in the existing blu ray format. Not talking about 4K here. Does everything on blu need to be made better?

Fox Connect recently had a sale clearing out their remaining Bond 50th Anniversary Box sets. Its not surprising they are now putting out a new box of the films. Why blame the studios if repackaging bumps up sales? No where in this announcement does it say the films have been remastered. If you are expecting the studios to announce in a press release that the films are the same masters as used in the 25th Anniversary edition, good luck with that. The idea is to increase sales not kill them. Press releases are hype and not a list of facts, though they should be factual in what they say. Anything that might be seen as negative such as the fact the films have not been remastered is left out.

David Weicker, Brent Reid and Osato like this.