What's new

USHE Press Release: Back To The Future 25th Anniversary Trilogy (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Kevin EK

I'll say again that I see grain in all 3 films. I did not notice the heavy contrast or sharpening Zack mentioned - just the additional detail I expect from Blu-ray releases. I did notice that BTTF 1 looked a bit brighter on Blu than it did on the standard DVD set. (I've been comparing between the releases - that's another reason for my delay here.)

I noticed it was brighter too, but the scenes that differed the most didn't seem unnatural, I thought it looked okay in that respect.

Here, I made a nice collage of ugly BTTF sharpen filtering. These have all been cropped, but not re-sized.This isn't meant to be indicative of the overall quality of the Bluray, since it's a big image and rather compressed, but the sharpening is in tact and should be obvious.

All of these are from the first 20mins or so of the movie. If the scene in question is in daylight and in focus, then this is what the movie looks like from start to finish;

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3886/ahhhhmyeyes.jpg

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

I was wondering too if that tin will come to the United States.

The tin has been confirmed region free on another forum, including the bonus features. Why not order off Amazon UK ?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That's an option Xenia. I just thought why isn't it being offered here? I'm not sure I want the tin that badly, but it would have been nice to have the choice. No biggie.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just looked at the conversion rate on the tin set

and it comes to about $60. Additional shipping

and VAT charges apply too.

Not worth it.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

and it comes to about $60. Additional shipping

and VAT charges apply too.

Not worth it.

Ron, are you sure the $ 60 dollars doesnt include the VAT? My order total came to 56 euros, which should be around 60, vat included.Why not do a quick checkout too see the price? Then just quickly cancel it.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Nevermind about my last post, with the conversion rate its like 78 dollars. Wow, the dollar really is crappy lately. I dont blame you Ron.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Not sure about ordering elsewhere, but if you order from Amazon UK, they remove the VAT during checkout for orders sent to the US, and in the case of a boxset like that, the VAT reduction should come very close to offsetting the shipping cost -- Amazon UK only counts these boxsets as 1 title each. So it's not quite so bad, but yeah, it's still a substantial premium -- probably around 40-50% premium for the BTTF boxset after all is said and done (depending on whether you're paying sales tax, listed price diff, etc).

OTOH, if you want to save $$$ and forgo the more attractive packaging for the Alien Anthology, you might wanna import from Amazon UK instead...

_Man_

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Xenia Stathakopoulou

The tin has been confirmed region free on another forum, including the bonus features. Why not order off Amazon UK ?

Back to the Future will probably be a Christmas present for me and since my family doesn't order anything online I'm kind of out of luck. It would have been nice to get the tin and all of the goodies included but its not too big of a big deal.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Got my set from Amazon today. But here's a question.... HOW THE HECK DO I GET THE DARN DISCS OUT?!?!? I've never seen packaging like this.

Edit: I figured it out....

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Bryan X

Got my set from Amazon today. But here's a question.... HOW THE HECK DO I GET THE DARN DISCS OUT?!?!? I've never seen packaging like this.

Amazon is so weird with their shipping. Mine is still in "shipping soon" status with anticipated delivery date of 10/26. Lately, I've been getting pre-orders on the Monday before release because they've been shipping them on the Friday before, either USPS Priority or UPS. Oh well, just waiting....

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I'm not sure I have ever gotten anything from Amazon before street, but I normally choose standard shipping. For this, I had chosen two-day shipping. It came USPS Priority.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Originally Posted by Bryan X

This is the worst packaging I have ever seen for seen for a disc, DVD, blu-ray, or otherwise. You have to pry the disc out by the edges, as far as I can tell. I don't like bending my discs to remove them from the case. I will be seeking alternative packaging ASAP.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Originally Posted by Steve Tannehill

This is the worst packaging I have ever seen for seen for a disc, DVD, blu-ray, or otherwise. You have to pry the disc out by the edges, as far as I can tell. I don't like bending my discs to remove them from the case. I will be seeking alternative packaging ASAP.

I agree, the packaging sucks. But I finally figured out if you push the disc down towards the bottom of the packaging, those little wings compress and the disc moves down far enough to lift straight out without bending or hitting those tabs near the top. Once I figured it out, it works OK, but I still don't like it.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I think it is the same as The Office, but I'll double check for you.

Sorry about the delay on the review. It will be up tonight. It's a lot longer than I thought it would be - I'm already at 4 pages, and that's without enumerating the special features and detailing what is actually new here.

I'll also include in my review a mention of the specifics I was asked about earlier in this thread. Look for it around 830pm PST tonight.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the hard work and effort on that review, Kevin! I'll give this disc a spin tonight to see if it plays or if it has playback issue too! Just joking in case it has any Twilight Zone or Alien problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks