What's new

USHE Press Release: ALFRED HITCHCOCK: THE MASTERPIECE COLLECTION (1 Viewer)

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I hope Mr Harris shares his opinion on the new Vertigo, should it prove to be a new transfer.

Myself, I'm interested, but only if this proves to be an updated set of discs. Very recently, those of us who enjoy anime were disappointed by the first disc of the reissue of "Cowboy Bebop" which initially promised improved video, and when it finally appeared the video was the same weak quality from the initial release.

Like many, I'm greatly anticipating the first hands-on reviews of some of these new discs.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, I just pre-ordered this, as I only have Vertigo and Rear Window in my collection now, so this is a good purchase for me. I do agree with Rob above, however. Universal is not giving us enought information on the sets.

David D H

Auditioning
Well, I don't know about the video presentations, but Tom Regal and Universal's Blu-Wave company is working on the audio. I can't post the URL, but it's mentioned on a message board on Davey P's Alfred Hitchcock DVD Information site.

Iain Quinn

Agent
Regal’s next major project is the Universal Hitchcock titles,including The Birds, Marnie and Psycho. “Audio restoration was done on Rear Window and Vertigo years ago, but we’re looking forward to working on these titles, especially Psycho—we have the original dialog, music and effects tracks for that. We aren’t going to remix it as much as remaster it.”

At least they have right attitude, but I wonder if they will be ready for this set? Either way, an unrestored version of the proper Vertigo audio would be okay with me.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I own most of these already but like most of you I will gladly sell them off WHEN I see there are new anamorphic transfers and that everything else is satisfactory. Please do this right, Universal. This could be my most anticipated purchase of the year.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Wow, we're only 16 days away! Details should start popping up any time now.... I'm very interested in the cover art for each disc, not to mention the quality of the transfers.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I always liked that last one from Family Plot. I remember seeing it in the theater when I was a kid--from a set of lobby cards, back when lobby cards were still common.

- Steve

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I had a $25 Amazon GC from Amazon.com Visa, so I'm set for 50 bucks and change :D

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I really hate that R2 Psycho artwork, it doesn't capture the film at all IMO :thumbsdown:

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come, I want original poster artwork in my R1 Hitchcock Masterpiece set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks