What's new

USHE Announcement: King Kong Ultimate Edition (2005) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I really liked the scene in which Naomi Watts was dancing in front of Kong. In fact, Naomi Watts is one of the reasons I like the PJ version so much.

I've got a great memory attached to that film, too, as I took my dad to see that film in the theater (along with my son). He didn't go out to the movies all that often. He really enjoyed the entire experience--including the film. My dad was born in 1932 and died in '13...and having that kind of fun at the movies took him back to when he was a kid when he would go to the local spitbox around the corner from his house and see the Saturday matinees and such. He couldn't do that a lot as a kid...making those events that much more special.
Good to have memories like that. Well, now I’m going to have to think about you and your date on the next watch. Did he have a favorite part of PJ’s movie?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just purchased a Pannny 420 to enhance my UHD KK. Wow, it looks super on the pj now. For me, you have to watch the extended version to really appreciate his magic. I have that huge DVD box set too and haven’t ever opened it. Maybe one day I’ll watch it.

Thanks Johnny for revisiting this thread.
I think the DVD box set is on the ultimate edition, or did I mention that already?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Nah. He enjoyed the entire experience: going with his son & grandson, popcorn, big screen and pizza afterward! :D
I remember going with my grandfather to see Jaws: The Revenge and Batman a few years later when I was a kid. The guy's been gone for decades and I still rightly feel guilty about 'making' him take me to see Jaws: The Revenge. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks