What's new

3D USHE Announcement: Jurassic Park (3D Blu-ray Combo) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Promotion: Jurassic Park 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack Headline Date: TBA
Release Date: 4/23/2013 JURASSIC PARK Product Source: Theatrical
Theatrical Studio: Universal
Theatrical Release: 6/11/1993 Synopsis: BD Combo Pack Widescreen / Widescreen (61125751) : Disc 1 (Side A): Theatrical
Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21791-4-3 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 3/26/2013 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 7 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1
French Canadian DTS Digital Surround 5.1
Spanish DTS Digital Surround 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH
Spanish
French
Edition: - Picture: Widescreen / Anamorphic Widescreen Version: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG-13 CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Digital Copy of Jurassic Park (redeem by 4/30/2015)
• Includes UltraViolet (redeem by 4/30/2015)
• Return to Jurassic Park: Dawn of a New Era
• Return to Jurassic Park: Making Prehistory
• Return to Jurassic Park: The Next Step in Evolution
• The Making of Jurassic Park
• Original Featurette on the Making of the Film
• Steven Spielberg Directs Jurassic Park
• Hurricane in Kauai Featurette
• Early Pre-Production Meetings
• Location Scouting
• Phil Tippett Animatics: Raptors in the Kitchen
• Animatics: T-Rex Attack
• ILM And Jurassic Park: Before and After the Visual Effects
• Foley Artists
• Production Archives: Photographs, Design Sketches and Conceptual Paintings
• Jurassic Park: Making the Game
• My Scenes
• pocket BLU App
BD Combo Pack Widescreen / Widescreen (61125751) : Disc 2 (Side A): Theatrical
Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21791-4-3 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 3/26/2013 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 7 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
French Canadian Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Spanish
French
Edition: - Picture: Widescreen / Anamorphic Widescreen Version: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG-13 CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: BD Combo Pack Widescreen / Widescreen (61125857) : Disc 1 (Side A): 3D
Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21802-7-9 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 4/23/2013 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 7 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: Subtitles: Edition: - Picture: Widescreen / Anamorphic Widescreen Version: 3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG-13 CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Digital Copy of Jurassic Park (redeem by 4/30/2015)
• Includes UltraViolet (redeem by 4/30/2015)
BD Combo Pack Widescreen / Widescreen (61125857) : Disc 2 (Side A): Theatrical
Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21802-7-9 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 4/23/2013 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 7 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1
French Canadian DTS Digital Surround 5.1
Spanish DTS Digital Surround 5.1
Spanish
French
Edition: - Picture: Widescreen / Anamorphic Widescreen Version: 3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG-13 CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Return to Jurassic Park: Dawn of a New Era
• Return to Jurassic Park: Making Prehistory
• Return to Jurassic Park: The Next Step in Evolution
• The Making of Jurassic Park
• Original Featurette on the Making of the Film
• Steven Spielberg Directs Jurassic Park
• Hurricane in Kauai Featurette
• Early Pre-Production Meetings
• Location Scouting
• Phil Tippett Animatics: Raptors in the Kitchen
• Animatics: T-Rex Attack
• ILM And Jurassic Park: Before and After the Visual Effects
• Foley Artists
• Production Archives: Photographs, Design Sketches and Conceptual Paintings
• Jurassic Park: Making the Game
• My Scenes
• pocket BLU App
BD Combo Pack Widescreen / Widescreen (61125857) : Disc 3 (Side A): Theatrical
Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21802-7-9 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 4/23/2013 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 7 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Spanish
French
Edition: - Picture: Widescreen / Anamorphic Widescreen Version: 3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG-13 CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Widescreen (61120931) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-21264-4-4 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 8/28/2012 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 7 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Spanish
French
Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG-13 CARA Rating: - Bonus Features:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ordered! Kind of happy I never bought the trilogy boxed set as I only really liked the first film. At least now I can buy the film in 3D and 2D Blu-ray.

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
I hope they didn't build the 3D version upon the master they used for the boxset.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Ronald Epstein said:
Ordered! Kind of happy I never bought the trilogy boxed set as I only really liked the first film. At least now I can buy the film in 3D and 2D Blu-ray.
same here. I never bought the original boxset. Jacob

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I just pre-ordered this. One of my favorite films of the 90's, and in my top 3 movie going experiences of all time. How can I not get this? Now all I need is:
e9ccb734_JVC-dla-x35b.jpeg

TheFallenDeity

Auditioning
Real Name
Alexander Walkey
I emailed Universal to see if the 2D disc is getting the new transfer as well and it's not good news i'm afraid. :( This is what they said: Thank you for contacting us. The 2D Blu-ray and DVD releases to be included is our upcoming "Jurassic Park" 3D package will use the master that was created for the Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy in 2011. We appreciate your interest and hope that you will continue to enjoy our releases. SIncerely, Consumer Relations UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I guess I missed the furor before - what's wrong with the 2011 transfer? I've got the box set but haven't looked at it yet lol.

TheFallenDeity

Auditioning
Real Name
Alexander Walkey
It's also littered with video noise and it's cropped. http://www.jurassic-park.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=8314 You can see clearly see in this link that it's been cropped on all four sides.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Moe Dickstein said:
I guess I missed the furor before - what's wrong with the 2011 transfer? I've got the box set but haven't looked at it yet lol.
Like so many other times on the internet, I think the problems have just become exaggerated over time. Or more specifically, while there's minor issues, people remember the negative more than the positive so when they think about the set, they remember it as being worse than it actually is. From the HTF review (where the set was "recommended")
All three films are presented in 1080p VC-1 transfers that are a pleasure to watch, retaining plenty of visible grain and showing a satisfying amount of detail. I’m marking slightly lower on the first film due to some minor edge enhancement issues that have been pointed out. The edge enhancement is so mild that you may need to really look for it – I couldn’t see it until it was pointed out, and that’s on a 65” screen. I had the evaluation checked on a 100+” projection screen with the same result. That said, there will be viewers who may find it distracting, and thus the slight count off there.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/315806/jurassic-park-ultimate-trilogy-blu-ray-review-recommended As a counterpoint to that review, I'm sure there are people in that thread that refute the review and say how terrible the disc is.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
From Universal Studios Home Entertainment: Jurassic Park 3D OWN STEVEN SPIELBERG'S GROUNDBREAKING CLASSIC FOR THE FIRST TIME IN STATE-OF-THE ART 3D

Jurassic Park 3D

APRIL 23, 2013

AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY™ 3D COMBO PACK WITH ULTRAVIOLET™ FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., April 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Experience one of the most influential films in motion-picture history with director Steven Spielberg 's ultimate thrill ride Jurassic Park 3D. To commemorate the film's 20th anniversary, the epic blockbuster has been remastered with advanced 3D formatting that presents the Academy Award®-winning visual effects in a fashion that was unimaginable during the film's first release. Jurassic Park 3D will be available on Blu-ray™ 3D, a 2D version of the film on Blu-ray™, DVD, UltraViolet™ and Digital Download with an all-new 3D bonus feature on April 23, 2013 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.

Based on the best-selling book by Michael Crichton , Jurassic Park 3D stars Sam Neill (The Piano, The Hunt for Red October),Laura Dern (HBO's "Enlightened," Little Fockers), Jeff Goldblum (Independence Day, The Switch) and Richard Attenborough(Elizabeth, The Great Escape) as they embark on a larger-than-life adventure that can now be experienced in 3D for a visceral in-home experience.
The 3D Blu-ray™ Combo Pack allows fans to view Jurassic Park 3D anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice. It includes a Blu-ray™ 3D disc, a Blu-ray™ disc, a DVD, a Digital Copy and UltraViolet™ for the ultimate, complete viewing experience.

[*]Blu-ray™ 3D features a stunning hi-def 3D pictures and 7.1 hi-def sound. It can be viewed with home theater systems that include a compatible 3D HDTV, a Blu-ray™ 3D player or PlayStation 3 and compatible glasses.
[*]Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring perfect hi-def picture and perfect hi-def sound.
[*]DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing the movie in more places, both at home and while away.
[*]Digital Copy provides consumers with a choice of digital options to watch on devices such as iPhone®, iPad®, Android, computers and more.
[*]UltraViolet™ is the revolutionary way for consumers to collect their movies and TV shows in the cloud. UltraViolet™ lets consumers instantly stream and download to tablets, smartphones, computers and TVs. Now available in both the United States and Canada.
[/list]
BONUS FEATURES:

[*]The World of Jurassic Park 3D: In this 3D exclusive feature Steven Spielberg provides an in-depth look at the 3D conversion of Jurassic Park.
[/list]
SYNOPSIS:
Jurassic Park takes you to an amazing theme park on a remote island where dinosaurs once again roam the earth and five people must battle to survive among the prehistoric predators. Starring Sam Neill , Laura Dern , Jeff Goldblum and Richard Attenborough , discover the breathtaking adventure you will want to experience again and again.
FILMMAKERS:
Directed By: Steven Spielberg
Produced By: Kathleen Kennedy and Gerald R. Molen
Screenplay By: Michael Crichton and David Koepp
Based on the Novel By: Michael Crichton
Cast: Sam Neill , Laura Dern , Jeff Goldblum , Richard Attenborough , Bob Peck , Martin Ferrero , B.D. Wong , Samuel L. Jackson , Wayne Knight , Joseph Mazzello , Ariana Richards
TECHNICAL INFORMATION – 3D BLU-RAY™:
Street Date: April 23, 2013
Copyright: 2013 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Selection Number: 61125857/ 61126579 (CDN)
Running time: 2 Hour, 07 Minutes
Layers: BD-50
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 Widescreen
Rating: PG-13 for intense science fiction terror
Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French
Sound: English DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1, English DTS Digital Surround 5.1, Spanish/French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
About Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Blu ray.com have screencaps and a review up, its been totally degrained, it looks awful, i will not buy it.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I already see people defending this release across the internet, they have to degrain 3D conversions, yes that's true but the best ones get a little grain put back in, think of the recent Top Gun release which looks more film like than the poor ( older master ? ) 2D presentation.

A good read about 2D to 3D conversions can be found below, indeed it's an excellent read.

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/art-of-stereo-conversion-2d-to-3d-2012/

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I suppose I'm forgiving about grain in a 3-D conversion, i mean, once you've gone that far you are already altering the original. the 2-D is still there to be enjoyed grain and all...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks