What's new

USHE Announcement: All Quiet On The Western Front (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Promotion: Universal 100th Anniversary: All Quiet on the Western Front

Headline Date: TBA
Release Date: 2/14/2012 ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT Product Source: Theatrical
Theatrical Studio: Universal
Theatrical Release: 8/24/1930 Synopsis: Relive the drama, conflict and power of one of the most influential anti-war films ever made, All Quiet on the Western Front, featuring a new restoration from the original film negatives to showcase stunning picture and sound in celebration of Universal‘s 100th Anniversary. The studio’s first Best Picture Academy Award® winner follows a group of idealistic young men as they join the German Army during World War I and are assigned to the Western Front, where their patriotism is destroyed by the harsh realities of combat. The hard-hitting, timeless masterpiece returns with stunning visual enhancement to its deserving place in film history. BD Combo Pack Full Frame (61121170) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21290-4-9 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 2/14/2012 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 13 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Digibook Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono
Subtitles: English SDH
French
Spanish
Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Color/B&W BLACK & WHITE Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Digital Copy of All Quiet on the Western Front (expires 12/31/2012)
• Introduction by Turner Classic Movies Host and Film Historian Robert Osborne
• All Quiet on the Western Front (Silent Version)
• 100 Years of Universal: Restoring the Classics
• 100 Years of Universal: Academy Award® Winners
• My Scenes
• pocket BLU App
BD Combo Pack Full Frame (61121170) : Disc 2 (Side A)
Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21290-4-9 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 2/14/2012 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 13 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Digibook Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
French
Spanish
Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Color/B&W BLACK & WHITE Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Introduction by Turner Classic Movies Host and Film Historian Robert Osborne
BD Combo Pack Full Frame (61121283) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21302-9-8 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 2/14/2012 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 13 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Digibook Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono
French
Spanish
Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Color/B&W BLACK & WHITE Rating: CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Digital Copy of All Quiet on the Western Front (expires 12/31/2012)
• Introduction by Turner Classic Movies Host and Film Historian Robert Osborne
• All Quiet on the Western Front (Silent Version)
• My Scenes
• pocket BLU App
BD Combo Pack Full Frame (61121283) : Disc 2 (Side A)
Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21302-9-8 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 2/14/2012 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 13 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Digibook Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
French
Spanish
Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Color/B&W BLACK & WHITE Rating: CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Introduction by Turner Classic Movies Host and Film Historian Robert Osborne
DVD Full Frame (61032368) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-32368-2-1 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: - Street Date: 2/6/2007 PreOrder Date: 1/9/2007 Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 12 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
French
Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W BLACK & WHITE Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: [deleted]N/A Bonus Features: • Exclusive Introduction by Turner Classic Movies Host and Film Historian Robert Osborne
• Theatrical Trailer

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
This is one of the most important and greatest American films. The "Cinema Classics" remaster looks and sounds great, so a 1080p upgrade is welcomed. Hopefully the silent version is also 1080p.

DSmith1984

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
Forgive me if I've missed something blatantly obvious, but what is the difference between the two Blu-Ray editions?

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Yes, they're including the silent version! I'm definitely upgrading.
DSmith1984 said:
Forgive me if I've missed something blatantly obvious, but what is the difference between the two Blu-Ray editions?
Only the digibook includes the silent version.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by JoHud

Yes, they're including the silent version! I'm definitely upgrading.
Only the digibook includes the silent version.

I must be cross-eyed, because both Blu-ray Combo sets say Digibook and one disc is Blu-ray and the other is DVD. There are different numbers with one ending in 70 and the other ending in 83, but all extras and information is the same. So I agree with Doug, and ask what's the difference in the two sets?

DSmith1984

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
There also seems to be a similar problem with To Kill A Mockingbird. Several versions announced with no discernible difference between them other than pricing and apparently one of them comes in a digibook but features the exact same content. Is it possible that Universal is offering it in the same vein that Disney does with their films? i.e. Offering the same content in different forms of packaging.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
ahollis said:
I must be cross-eyed, because both Blu-ray Combo sets say Digibook and one disc is Blu-ray and the other is DVD.  There are different numbers with one ending in 70 and the other ending in 83, but all extras and information is the same.  So I agree with Doug, and ask what's the difference in the two sets?  
My mistake, they do appear to be the same. Just the extra cost of the digibook "book" content.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
all-quiet-on-the-western-front-movie-poster-1020198621%5B5%5D.jpg

Just Slap a BD logo and Oscar logo on the bottom, would make a great cover for a digibook!!!!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I like it. Maybe a little pretty for the grim subject matter, but it's eye-catching, and they are in the business of selling a film that's eighty years old.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Originally Posted by MattH.

I like it. Maybe a little pretty for the grim subject matter, but it's eye-catching, and they are in the business of selling a film that's eighty years old.

And so is Paramount with Wings, but original poster art seems to work for that, there is just something very somber and haunting about the original, the font is reminiscent of the time, and personally I think visually conveys the film

jaaguir

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Javier Aguirre
JoHud said:
My mistake, they do appear to be the same. Just the extra cost of the digibook "book" content.
Both editions have "digibook" as Packaging in the first post here. Also Amazon is only listing one edition for pre-order. ??? Oh well. Great movie. Kudos to Universal for starting to release this kind of stuff. At last. Bring on more oldies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks