What's new

USHE Announcement: Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection (Blu-ray) (2 Viewers)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Reed Grele /t/321703/ushe-announcement-alfred-hitchcock-the-masterpiece-collection-blu-ray/1590#post_4003738
Hopefully, you'll have The Birds by Thanksgiving.

My cat wants The Birds badly, she'll just have to wait until next year.

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Sumnernor said:
I recommendthat you check  that the contents are correct and no scratches- This is true of Hitchcock and Bond . don*t wait untill Xmas
Good idea. I'll make sure and check it out before I wrap it.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, my standard UK box arrived today. It came Royal Mail, and was delivered by USPS. While I haven't had a chance to watch any yet, I did check, and I have all the discs I'm supposed to.
David

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Chas in CT said:
Wonder of wonders,
Miracle of miracles...
Sorry, wrong thread.
BUT... my people, I have news.  The shipment arrived in Secaucus, NJ at 1:00 PM yesterday.
That's 75 miles, or some 80 to 85 minutes from here.  ETA is still December 3rd.  Lottery, anyone?
Mine still hasn't moved -- 10 days and counting.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I watched The Birds and The Trouble With Harry over the weekend. Thought both films looked great and the sound was very good too.
Really enjoying seeing these films again. It's been many years since I last saw them.
I had been waiting for the blu ray set to buy them and view them again.
I did note there are some really rough reviews for other titles in the set. I'll probably start at the beginning with Saboteur next.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
OMG (as the kids say) .....

[SIZE= 72px]It's here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]There was a frickin' puncture in the shipping box, but without having taken the shrink wrap off yet, it looks undamaged and unblemished. Back later with a full report.[/SIZE]

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Mine is in Hebron, Kentucky as of this morning, and still shows delivery of December 8 to DFW.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
My tracking shows arrival in town at 6:00 AM, but doesn't reflect the delivery of six to eight hours ago, and still shows December 3rd as ETA.

ANYHOO...

There's a light half-inch scuff mark on the front side (naturally) of the plexi cover, but everything is otherwise pristine, and every piece is accounted for. THANK GOD.

I'm fine with the disc storage method. Practice slowly and carefully to get the feel of how they pull out and kind of lock back in. I'd hate to ever tear any of the cardboard, so I have no intention of ever being careless. Yes, you could get a fingerprint on the disc -- but only if your hands are dirty!

Of course this is a very busy time. I might get to check out one or two discs later tonight, but will probably have to wait till Friday to really get into it. And that's okay. I'm just happy and relieved to have it, and I hope everyone else's follows suit in getting to their destinations quickly.

In closing...................

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I avoid finger prints by just having a dedicated set of pliers to grip the disc with.
And my box survived transit totally intact, with all discs present and correct. Watched Topaz last night and was v pleased with the projected image. NOt perfect, but not too shonky at all.....

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, I've made individual Custom covers for the four titles I intend to keep in my collection
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/314247/blu-ray-custom-cover-art-thread/330#post_4004433
I know my sons want a couple of the other titles, so I may have to make a few more covers.
After that, I will be the remaining titles for sale (probably about $8 -$10 apiece).
David

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Benbess, I'm with you. Since the three titles I'm most interested in are getting the worst reviews, it doesn't matter to me how low the price goes.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
My LE box entered the DFW metroplex early this morning. I suspect it will be delivered on Friday, but am not holding my breath.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Another 48 hours, mine's still in Scotland with the 1 line Tracking notice -- 14 days not moved an inch. I don't have a good feeling about this Cap'tain
If it wasn't a limited edition I'd wait until Dec 1 (day after my original delivery est) then ask for a reshipment via Royal Mail, but the LE scares me a little.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Oh man, that's totally beyond ridiculous. But I see Amazon UK is again listing and selling it, so at this point I'd be contacting them.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Man, not to sound unsympathetic. But reading your posts sounds like torture! I'm glad I bought the US set at Costco. But you guys are saving a few bucks and you get that UK box.
I had a chance to see The Birds last weekend and I also thought it looked good. From what I'm reading, given the number of opticals it had, it's bound to have issues.
The back projection is as bad as it ever was. But what strikes me every time I see it is the directions I am assuming Hitchcock gave the actors. The way Hedren was lifting her legs off the floor as the birds swarm the house, as if to protect herself from an attack from the floor. And Tandy's performance in the same sequence as she literally can't find anyplace to hide.
Two down, trying to decide if Vertigo is next. Or saving it for later.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Chas in CT said:
Oh man, that's totally beyond ridiculous.  But I see Amazon UK is again listing and selling it, so at this point I'd be contacting them.
Oh I did email them on Wednesday and on cue/as expected I'm getting the "Your item is still inside he delivery window and expected to be delivered by the given date"
Honestly I don't care if it's late, I;d really just like to see it move somewhere even if it heads toward New Zealand. At least if it escaped Scotland I have a chance.
"Just get to the border my friend and we'll find a way to extract you." Sounds like the plot of a Stallone movie (or 5)
It's actually more funny than anything at this point since I've never had Amazon Uk not make a correction even if it means reshipping the entire package. It';s DHLGL that;s
the real enemy here. If it's entirely a lot cause, in the end it's just a Bluray set, A Hitchcock Bluray boxset, ......(sniffle) a truly gorgeous work of art superb Limited Edition
(whimper), but in the end they're just movies. What does it matter -- I got a dog who hates me, a job that bites me, a few outstanding subpoenas, and a wife to cut me
down to size so missing a bluray will be a step up the ladder.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Nelson Au said:
Man, not to sound unsympathetic. But reading your posts sounds like torture! I'm glad I bought the US set at Costco. But you guys are saving a few bucks and you get that UK box.
I had a chance to see The Birds last weekend and I also thought it looked good. From what I'm reading, given the number of opticals it had, it's bound to have issues.
The back projection is as bad as it ever was. But what strikes me every time I see it is the directions I am assuming Hitchcock gave the actors. The way Hedren was lifting her legs off the floor as the birds swarm the house, as if to protect herself from an attack from the floor. And Tandy's performance in the same sequence as she literally can't find anyplace to hide.
Two down, trying to decide if Vertigo is next. Or saving it for later.
+1. Sounds like it's been very difficult to get the set.
I also picked it up at Costco.
I thought Birds looked great too.
I've watched The Trouble Without Harry as well.
Going to start at the beginning of the set for the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks