What's new

User friendly Surround Sound? (1 Viewer)

John Wiedner

Auditioning
I am looking for a surround sound system for my father. It has to be very user easy in operation. He has a new Mitsubishi WS-65819 TV, Dishnetwork 6000 HD Receiver and a Panasonic RP91K DVD Player. It all works well, and I set it up to be as easy as possible to use. My concern is that if I add a conventional receiver with Surround Sound, Dolby Digital, THX that it will dramatically increase the complexity of use since he will need to power up, and change sources on another piece of equipment. I know this sounds rather trivial, but right now I have him operating on his technical edge. Any suggestions?

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
My Marantz AV Rec(SR7000) has an AUTO function that I assume other units should have as well. When in AUTO mode, it will automatically detect whatever signal is being fed to it and play it accordingly (ie. DD/DTS/stereo music/DSS). I know that if my TV/Cable system were worth it, I could also run my TV through it as well.

If left on AUTO all the time...all your dad would have to do is turn on the TV/DVD/CD/dish (whatever), and hit that corrosponding button on the receiver. The stock remote might be tricky for him, though. Mine still kinda scares me. lol. Maybe a pronto would help, but I'm not sure what you are looking to spend.

I assume other units will have something similar, so you should be able to price shop.

Good Luck,

--Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks