What's new

User Created Threads (1 Viewer)

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I just went to the blu-ray forum and the first page didn't have a single user created thread. It was all preorder links and forum featured posts. If you want people to participate, not drowning them out with stock posts will help do that.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Stephen,

Firstly, thanks for your feedback.

Secondly, you visited our site within 30 minutes of me posting the preorder links. Those threads will dissipate over the next few hours as members post new threads.

Finally, preorder threads not only help members find the newest preorders, but it also helps support the site. Those threads also lead to discussion about the title in question, which is the member participation you were hoping for.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just went and checked the main forum page after you posted your concerns.

It actually has quite a few user created threads on the first page.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
There's four now out of 20. I'm just pointing out that encouraging discussion isn't a bad thing. In the long run it will make you a lot more money than bald Amazon links and three or four sentence reviews.

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
Currently there is only one out of 20 on the first page. When Ron posts the preorder links he does a bunch at a time and as others comment on other posts they will drop down. I appreciate the preorder links to remind me of what will be available soon, thanks Ron!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks