What's new

User convergence issue (green) on PT53WX42 (1 Viewer)

TedE

Stunt Coordinator
Just moved into my new place this weekend and had my new panny 53" moved in the same day. With all the unpacking I didn't even get around to turning it on until late last night.

I was going through just the basic user adjustments to take it out of torch mode and ran the user convergence. Blue and red went fine, but on the green convergence I'm not even seeing the alignment markers on the edges of the screen, just the vertical and horizontal line that you can move around. Does this TV need to be in a certain mode to see the convergance markers? I had to switch over to component1 (DVD player hooked up but not on) to do the convergence since I haven't even run the cable to the TV's location. It's hard trying to do convergence with snow on the screen!

Now, all of this may be because it was 1:30 in the morning and I was exhausted from unpacking. Am I crazy or just missing something REALLY basic? Thanks!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
You should not be moving the green convergence. This is your reference point for geometry. You should only be moving red and blue to put on top of green.

Regards

Gregg

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
forgot to add:

Unless your doing image centering in the user mode.

TedE

Stunt Coordinator
DOH!! Just ran home during lunch for something else and what was confusing for 15 minutes last night was perfectly obvious today. Yes, it's the little ticks on the case that holds the screen. It had the lights turned pretty far down last night so I guess I just missed them. Thanks.

Gregg - yes, this was for the user convergence. I'm not going to be able to get around to doing the 64-point for a couple weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoobird
Recent bookmarks