User convergence issue (green) on PT53WX42

Discussion in 'Displays' started by TedE, Jun 3, 2003.

1. TedE

TedE Stunt Coordinator

Just moved into my new place this weekend and had my new panny 53" moved in the same day. With all the unpacking I didn't even get around to turning it on until late last night.

I was going through just the basic user adjustments to take it out of torch mode and ran the user convergence. Blue and red went fine, but on the green convergence I'm not even seeing the alignment markers on the edges of the screen, just the vertical and horizontal line that you can move around. Does this TV need to be in a certain mode to see the convergance markers? I had to switch over to component1 (DVD player hooked up but not on) to do the convergence since I haven't even run the cable to the TV's location. It's hard trying to do convergence with snow on the screen!

Now, all of this may be because it was 1:30 in the morning and I was exhausted from unpacking. Am I crazy or just missing something REALLY basic? Thanks!

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Aren't the ticks on the bezel itself?

Regards

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    You should not be moving the green convergence. This is your reference point for geometry. You should only be moving red and blue to put on top of green.

Regards

Gregg

4. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    forgot to add:

Unless your doing image centering in the user mode.

5. Mark Barnhill

Mark Barnhill Stunt Coordinator

TedE, exactly what Michael said. there are raised ticks on the bezel around the screen.

6. TedE

TedE Stunt Coordinator

DOH!! Just ran home during lunch for something else and what was confusing for 15 minutes last night was perfectly obvious today. Yes, it's the little ticks on the case that holds the screen. It had the lights turned pretty far down last night so I guess I just missed them. Thanks.

Gregg - yes, this was for the user convergence. I'm not going to be able to get around to doing the 64-point for a couple weeks.