What's new

Useless trivia thread. (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
12 newborns worldwide? I can understand that in a third world country, but not in the U.S.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
And there are only 2 words that end in 'gry'. There is a 3rd, but there is much debate about it.

The following aren't exactly concrete, but they're pretty hard to prove wrong:
-You can't eat six crackers (without any liquid) in under a minute.
-You can't fold a piece of paper (in half) more than 6 times.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member

This is true in Minnesota as well, unless it's been changed when I wasn't looking. Car dealerships can be, and are, open on Sundays, they just can't finalize the deal.

James T

Screenwriter
Not exactly useless and not exactly triva, but cool to know, nonetheless...

Stand on one foot(your left) or you can even stay seating and lift your right foot off the ground and spin your right foot around in circles clockwise. As your foot is spinning, draw the number six("6") in the air with your right hand. Which way is your foot spinning now?

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
In 1849 San Francisco, the price of housing around the bay skyrocketed as thousands of gold seekers descended on SF on their way to the Sierra Foothills. A one-room shack rented for $800 a month, while a piece of property that cost $25,000 the previous year brought $300,000.

Bubonic plague broke out in SF in 1907, probably brought to the City by rats on Chinese ships. An epidemic seven years earlier had been hushed up because of the effect the bad publicity would have on the economy, and 117 Chinatown residents had died. This time, officials mounted a highly public rat hunt, capturing and testing 150,000 rats, inspecting buildings, and tearing up floors and sidewalks. Of 160 people stricken, 77 died.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit

Ewwwww....gross.

Imagine if you can drink it once. I can see the flight attendent saying,

"Welcome aboard. Coffee, tea or pee?"

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
It was on a how to survive show or something.

They said if you have to, (like stranded in the desert) you can drink your own pee.
But not again (twice in a row) until you've had something else to drink, because the acidity and other impurities in your urine would be too great the second time for your system to handle.

As soon as the burning stops, I'll try to verify.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Sir Issac Newton died a virgin...

Good proof of Geroge's no-sex theory :D

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
The whole statement was....

remark
I think the movie "THe towering Inferno" said you could pee into a hankie and breathe though it to get out of a burniing building.
Urine.... The Handy Multiple Purpose Liquid.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit

I can see it now, info-mercials showing off a new product.

"Move over OXY Clean, here comes UrinALL!!" "Just watch this stuff cut through the toughest grease!!" LOL!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks