Used the Duplicolor truck bed liner spray on my sub ... nice ...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Hammerly, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Jason Hammerly

Jason Hammerly Supporting Actor

I was having a diffucultime getting the finish I wanted on my sub. Even though I filled the bare cut edges of the mdf and sanded smooth and put numerous coats of sanding sealer and primer, the finish black coats didn't look very nice. Thought Id give that spray on truck bed liner stuff a shot (you can get it at Wal-Mart) and am glad I did, It looks very nice. Kind of like the finish of the VTF. Definitely glad I tried it. Just wanted to share my experience with this paint. Not quite done with the sub yet, but I'll take pics when it's complete. Later.

2. Bob Bartlett

Bob Bartlett Stunt Coordinator

I got something like that appearance from using rustoleum hammered paint as a base coat then using a sea sponge to sponge a color on top. People think my speakers are covered in vinyl.

3. Bill Fagal

Bill Fagal Stunt Coordinator

I've used spray-on vehicle undercoating/rocker-guard with some success. You've got to carefully control spray distance and coverage though. I'm all in favor of tuff, funky, un-dingable finishes.

Bill